Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Reverse thrust question

I am somewhat "obsessed" with not using keyboard commands but rather moving the levers etc in F9

Ex: To deploy flaps,move the flap lever ( in F9 ) with the mouse

Ex:  To arm speed brake,move the lever in F9

Now here is my question:

How can I deploy the two reverse thrusts with on mouse click.( the two levers to advance at the same time )

I have to click on one lever ( example  the one on port ) and then the one on starboard.

I tried all kind of variations but none works as I expect.

Tks

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

Cant you just assign a button to "decrease thrust" and set it to cycle (press and hold will decrease throttle continually)? Then once you bottom out the thrust, it'll go into reverse mode. That's how I did it back in the old days. I am not sure if the latest FSX can do that.

We might be able to share more if you would share platform (FSX or P3D) and type controllers?  I've done about what Nick suggested with P3D and Warthog HOTAS throttles, which have a switch when lifting and pulling the throttles back into reverse. I assigned that button to the F2 key command in FSUIPC with repeat. Easy and it works.

Dan Downs KCRP

We might be able to share more if you would share platform (FSX or P3D) and type controllers?  I've done about what Nick suggested with P3D and Warthog HOTAS throttles, which have a switch when lifting and pulling the throttles back into reverse. I assigned that button to the F2 key command in FSUIPC with repeat. Easy and it works.

1qg4no.jpg

I use FSX,Windows 7 and Saitek Yoke and Rudder.

Attached is a print screen showing the thrust levers ( just beside the Flaps lever )

I can activate the reverse thrust by a mouse click on the lever,but only one at the time

What I am hoping to achieve is to move both levers with a mouse click.

Tks

Hubert Werni

PS: I know it is possible to assign a keyboard command,such as F2 etc But as I said

I want to eliminate the keyboard command.

Herbert Werni

What joysticks / yoke hardware do you have? We can assign them to a button on your flight controls. 

If you're using the Saitek Yoke, the three throttles have a position at the bottom of the slider (below an internal stop) that is essentially a button. Assign that button to "decrease throttle" and click the repeat. Once  you land and have the throttles retarded, pull the throttle below the internal stop, that will activate that button and with the repeat function enabled, the throttle will go into reverse mode. To get out of reverse thrust raise the slider above the internal stop. 

You can do a similar procedure for arming the spoilers for landing if you use one of the throttles as the spoiler axis. You can also program the third throttle axis as a flap position slider. 

Its kinda like Saitek purposefully put those buttons in the throttle hardware with something in mind.... like reverse thrust.

If you're using the Saitek Yoke, the three throttles have a position at the bottom of the slider (below an internal stop) that is essentially a button. Assign that button to "decrease throttle" and click the repeat. Once  you land and have the throttles retarded, pull the throttle below the internal stop, that will activate that button and with the repeat function enabled, the throttle will go into reverse mode. To get out of reverse thrust raise the slider above the internal stop. 

You can do a similar procedure for arming the spoilers for landing if you use one of the throttles as the spoiler axis. You can also program the third throttle axis as a flap position slider. 

Its kinda like Saitek purposefully put those buttons in the throttle hardware with something in mind.... like reverse thrust.

Hello Nick

unless I misunderstand your message I have to assign buttons.However this is exactly what I try to avoid getting a more real world

scenario.

Ex: Deploy flaps,I had a button assigned but now I use the flap lever in F9,moving it by mouse clicks.( no button assigned )

Same thing with reverse thrust,I can indeed deploy them by moving the mouse over the lever.

However,the N1 must be below 22 otherwise nothing happens. As to why  is another question I pursue.

Tks

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

I think he wants to reverse thrust without the use of the controls, and exclusively with mouse clicks. You know, like click on the reverse thrust levers upon touchdown (in the VC).... but he can't because N1 over 20 doesn't allow it.... or something like that.

I can't figure out why you'd want to do that when your Saitek can do it.. but to each their own. 

I think he wants to reverse thrust without the use of the controls, and exclusively with mouse clicks. You know, like click on the reverse thrust levers upon touchdown (in the VC).... but he can't because N1 over 20 doesn't allow it.... or something like that.

I can't figure out why you'd want to do that when your Saitek can do it.. but to each their own. 

Simple answer,more realistic.I don/t think a real airplane has Saitek controls

Herbert Werni

Simple answer,more realistic.I don/t think a real airplane has Saitek controls

Sorry I think it is less realistic to do this with a mouse...

So if I understand you right, you do not have a usb throttle of some kind or spare button to assign on a flight control device? If that's the case you will not be able to control both engines with the mouse for reverse thrust operation.

If you do have a spare button or buttons / levers / axises whatever you want to call it you can assign a reverse thrust function, as well as reverse idle or idle. You seem to be purposely avoiding the question from people trying to help you. If you do have flight controls please tell us what they are. If you don't, tell us and we can see what other way would work.

Sorry I think it is less realistic to do this with a mouse...

So if I understand you right, you do not have a usb throttle of some kind or spare button to assign on a flight control device? If that's the case you will not be able to control both engines with the mouse for reverse thrust operation.

If you do have a spare button or buttons / levers / axises whatever you want to call it you can assign a reverse thrust function, as well as reverse idle or idle. You seem to be purposely avoiding the question from people trying to help you. If you do have flight controls please tell us what they are. If you don't, tell us and we can see what other way would work.

I do have a Saitek Yoke and Pro Flight Rudder pedals.How can I assign a reverse thrust function as well as a reverse idle as you mention above.

The included manual does not explain.

Sincerely

Hubert Werni

Herbert Werni

Okay, do you use one lever for all engines? Or out of the three you have do the first two operate engine 1/2? 

Either way (FSUIPC is required for this) you can assign the reverse detent button for reverse.

In FSUIPC under "Buttons and Switches" tab, move your desired Saitek lever into reverse. You will see the button identified by FSUIPC. The top right corner tick the box for "Show FSX Controls."

Next, in the drop down list, find "Throttle 1 decr" select that, afterwards select "Control to repeat when held." In the "Command sent when button released" assign "Throttle 1 cut."

With that set now when you move your Saitek lever into reverse detent the engine will go into reverse, and stay in reverse for as long as the lever is pulled back. As soon as you advance it forward out of the detent the engine will now go to idle. All you need to do is advance the lever slowly out of the detent, DO NOT APPLY Power and you will have a nice idle effect. 

You can repeat this process for as many spare levers as you have, Throttle 1-4 commands are present. If you desire one lever to control all engines then when assigning what Instructed above, look for "Throttle decr" and "Throttle cut." That one will control all engines. 

Let me know if this helps. 

What do you mean by "F9"? I assume that you want to look down at the thrust reversers in the VC, and operate them directly (as opposed to just using the F2 key, or pressing a button on your joystick/flight controller)?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png