Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

So what happens next?

I got thinking today (being sick of watching CNN) about the strange peculiarities surrounding FS this season, particulary as it has to do with ORBX, P3D and Dovetail and other platform and major add-ons.

To me, everything seems to be far too quiet for far too long.... For instance, how long has it been since ORBX released new scenery? SInce the migration trip, stumble and recovery, the drama seems to be primarily over, but they remain quieter and more boring than Swiss elections.

I know, I know, the big move away from FSS, integrated this and that, (and all that) takes time, effort and trouble... However I have not previously noticed such a lengthy interval without new products being offered or any obvious sales promotion underway. Have you?

Yet, we know that the pipeline is full of exciting new regions, airports and landclass expansions, but.....so far...deep woods quiet.​

So, what happens next?

-Is P3D v4.0 such a huge game changer that everything else is secondary? 

-What about Dovetail's new 64 bit app? Where does that fit in? What about others?

-Does ORBX or other major players have a huge surprise? Should we get excited, or nervous?

-Is their an unexpected obstacle or unanticipated opportunity that has stopped the clock (so to speak)?  

What think thee?

Kind regards,

Spirit Flyer

PS: Maybe this is all my imagination and I need to get back into watching the thunderous US election assaults on CNN, and get all fired up and boil over, but hey, I am a Canadian so that may be near impossible.

Have a good day eh!

All good comes to him who waits.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

For instance, how long has it been since ORBX released new scenery?

Not that long ago they released Bar Harbour. In addition, they did all the migration to P3D3, post screen shots of US OpenLC and of new projects (Germany North, Middle America).

Busy enough for me :)

Peter

Hi Stephen,

My guesses (and they are only guesses, not insider knowledge) is that we have an avalanche of new goodies in the pipeline. My logic in saying this goes somehow like this:

• A revised FS2Crew is awaiting stabilisation of new facilities in a number of aircraft models.
  • UGCX from FS2Crew cannot complete its development until a new PMDG SDK is available, so that a more intelligent/realistic interface between the pilots and the aircraft are possible.
  • new releases of PMDG and other aircraft cannot complete until Aivlasoft can complete a new imbedded EFB type 3 gauge.
  • new releases of PMDG and other aircraft cannot complete until swift can implement their specification of the CPDLC functions to be supported.
  • new releases of aircraft cannot complete until P3D(v4?) is a 64-bit implementation.

In conclusion, then, I believe that the two main developments that we are waiting for are 64-bit P3D and swift.

I shall be very interested in seeing whether there is any truth in my new-world imaginings!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Better take a deep breath and stop trying to figure out or guessing what is happing. It will drive you mad with all the different scenarios that will  go thru your mind. Cut the cable and stop watching news and commentary and go fly with your buddies. I look for you online but can never find you.  Josh

CPU: Intel i9-11900K @5.2 / RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200 / GPU: 4080 16GB /

All good comes to him who waits.

And that is happening very soon since John Venema has just revealed in the ORBX forums that we are getting hit with a ton of new stuff in August (or even sooner). Das ist gut!

Not that long ago they released Bar Harbour...

Busy enough for me :)

Peter

My family settled New Brunswick and New England for a dozen generations, so I know that the printed word "Bar Harbor" doesn't cut it. Its: "Baaah Haaabuh" as in "Maah faaather put the caaaah on the steamaahh to Baaah Haaabuh, eyeaahhh"!

Hi Stephen,

My guesses (and they are only guesses, not insider knowledge) is that we have an avalanche of new goodies in the pipeline. My logic in saying this goes somehow like this...

...In conclusion, then, I believe that the two main developments that we are waiting for are 64-bit P3D and swift.

I shall be very interested in seeing whether there is any truth in my new-world imaginings!

The future comes, whether we want it or not! All sounds pretty good!

Better take a deep breath and stop trying to figure out or guessing what is happing. It will drive you mad with all the different scenarios that will  go thru your mind. Cut the cable and stop watching news and commentary and go fly with your buddies. I look for you online but can never find you.  Josh

LOLOLOL! :) You mean to tell me that watching slander, exaggeration, contempt and insult is not good for us! :) OK, OK, I vote for you and Ron!

Kind regards,

Hi,

Stephen, if you are in the mood for wild speculation, here is some more oil into the fire (of course to be taken with a grain of salt):

http://www.airdailyx.net/fsnewsbreaker/2016/7/28/ill-just-post-this-and-let-the-cards-fall-where-they-may

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Dog days of summer (at least in the norhtern latitutudes). FTX USA landclass will be a big deal, DTG is grinding away on flight sim I'm sure, as is REX on SkyForce. And I would imagine those folks over at LM are busy with v4. I'm going to open a cold one, light a cigar, and look forward to what I think is going to be a pretty amazing remainder of the year ...

BasementFlyGuy

GA home cockpit running X-Plane 11 (and sometimes P3D)

Blog: www.ontheglideslope.net

YouTube: OnTheGlideslope Channel

Facebook: On The Glideslope