Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I'm a pariah now...

Didn't red the fine print... we have no rights legally.

"f. Support Services. This SOFTWARE PRODUCT is provided "as is", however ORBX will provide provision of support services in relation to the operation,
installation or remedy of issues arising to the use of the SOFTWARE at its official support website at www.orbxsystems.com, however Orbx reserves the right
to refuse support to any customer who violates the Support Forums Terms of Use or who can be shown to have an illegal copy of the SOFTWARE in their
possession.'

Ahh, Orbx Forums - "creating the perfect utopia of like-minded (programmed) community members (fans) since 2008".

Seriously, someone over there needs emotional counselling at best, psychiatric help at worst.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Please excuse my ignorance but why would that picture be considered offensive?

• Upvote 1

Please excuse my ignorance but why would that picture be considered offensive?

Probably because the punctuation is non-existent.

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Probably because the punctuation is non-existent.

Concur or with Politics involved.

"The Gadsden flag is a historical American flag with a yellow field depicting a rattlesnake coiled and ready to strike. Positioned below the rattlesnake are the words "DONT [sic] TREAD ON ME". The flag is named after American general and statesman Christopher Gadsden (1724–1805), who designed it in 1775 during the American Revolution. It was also used by the Continental Marines as an early motto flag, along with the Moultrie Flag.

Contemporary uses of the Gadsden flag include political movements such as right-wing libertarianism and the American Tea Party, and American soccer supporter groups including Sam's Army and The American Outlaws since the late 1980s."

Noel and I were using it as a form of passive resistance to censorship. Any post even slightly critical of OrbX dissapears. Forum politics.

Sue

As of this morning Sue and I now have access to the limited user's support forum.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Wow, I don't really know what to say. It sounds to me like the ORBx guys are being a bit silly.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Concur or with Politics involved.

Thanks for the explanation. Didn't see that flag before. 

Regarding the fine print, what many people forget is that it's just that, a fine print. Selling something with no warranties and refusing support for people who "violate" some random terms which have been made at full discretion of the manufacturer is walking on a fine line. The behavior of this particular manufacturer seems to become more and more erratic, the only reason I can imagine is that their sales are not as expected and they become nervous after the latest migration-gate. Even if you support their terms a simple warning to replace the avatar would have done the job. I'll think twice to buy again from them. 

Hans

They got the Venema Enima, purged from the forum.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

One point...... If these people behaved in a shop, or office, in the way they do on these company forums they would without doubt be asked (or forced) to leave the building. I've seen the way some of these 'banned' twits behave and push the limits and I would not give them anymore grace than Orbx have. Most bring it upon themselves, and they know it quite frankly. Asvim has very tight boundaries, as do most other forums.... Orbx is not a free for all, its a business!, and if you don't like or understand their terms, then stay away, or simply don't engage outside of support.... keep all this personal pathetic garbage to yourself.

• Upvote 1

.... keep all this personal garbage to yourself.

Question is: Why don't you follow your own advice?

• Upvote 6

Out of order, Novation. What exactly has birdguy done to deserve the treatment that he has received? And more to the point.....what exactly has he done here that has got you so worked up?

• Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Good job you guys didn't use a Confederate flag! 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

.what exactly has he done here that has got you so worked up?

Pffff..... Have you read some of the garbage and spam he has posted there?.. among some of the other morons... have you?

I know this forum bizarrely allows a very strong (historical) anti Orbx stance (you would not get away with it if it were PMDG or HiFi ect) despite some of its staff (well, one anyway eh Rob) being on the Orbx 'team' but really, some of you lot are pathetic in your antagonism of one of flight simulations most successful, and boundary pushing company's (and that is almost certainly the rub) Horizon, Sim720 and ES not doing well enough eh Chris :rolleyes:

This sub forum has pretty much one purpose, and its allowed to continue for that purpose.  If my comments get me banned from here I care not one jot.