Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

I'm a pariah now...

I read the "I'm Done" thread at the time.

Whether it was intended or not (and I'm sure it was not) Orbx clearly took the view that it was a sideswipe at them particularly in view of the comments being made by other members as a result of the migration process. I'm not surprised in the slightest that they pulled the thread; left to its own devices it would have degenerated into muck slinging as these sorts of threads inevitably do. 

Is the ban harsh? Difficult to say. But it is essentially a private forum so you have to play by their rules whether you like it or not.

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

I read this "I'm done" post right now and if there is anything in it which is offensive then I should rot in jail for my everyday language. Seriously, what's offensive there? 

Hans

Well, after these last few weeks I think most of us may agree that "Discussions trump Differences" as long as doors can stay open. Hard for a store to sell with locked doors.

Kind regards,

Well, after these last few weeks I think most of us may agree that "Discussions trump Differences" as long as doors can stay open. Hard for a store to sell with locked doors.

Kind regards,

Well said. 

Hans

I think the rules are on a sliding scale determined by the mood of the day Geoffry.  And in effect I was banned because of what OTHERS might have said in reply?

Peter, how does someone know he's an offender if he hasn't been told what the offense was?  That avatar could have accidentally been deleted for unknown reasons.  Without someone telling you they are removing an avatar for this or that reason how are you to know?

I don't think we can bee at opposite ends of the political spectrum Dave.  I don't have a defined political philosophy.  Some of my friends call me liberal and others call me a conservative.  I just take a position on each issue based on it's own merits without regard as to which side loves it or hates it.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

I guess I can understand his point of view with respect to "dominating the forum". I think it could have been handled slightly differently, but there you go. That's life. Gotta love it!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I would have liked to open the link and seen JV's response but when I click on it I get a message that says I do not have permission to read it. 

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

In  short,  Noel the reason you and  sue  wern't  allowed  back in  the orbx  forum is  due the posts you and  sue  have  made  in the  avsim  forum, since  looks like  jv  has  read  all the  posts  you made  against  orbx  and  has had  enough

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Why can't he tell us face to face?  What happened to the right to face your accuser and rebut?

What about others who supported us on the AVSIM forum and said derogatory things about JV and Orbx.  Were they banned too?

Noel

AVSIM just locked the thread on this subject.  I suggest this one be locked too.

Noel

...  I suggest this one be locked too.

Noel

Cracking idea. Life's short enough as it is. :wink:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

All said and done, which I know it isn't, it is ORBX's forum for customers of ORBX products. How can we condemn them for what they see as conservatively looking after their self-interest, really? 

In the same way perhaps that is why there is a forum for ORBX customers here at AVSIM that has more liberal posting traditions. How can AVSIM be condemned for doing the same, really?

Everything that can be proper in one place can be deemed improper when it is posted elsewhere. How can that not be so, really?

It's a great hobby made even better by good friendships, a pinch of prevention, an ounce of respect and a will to make it better.

Have a great day.

Kindest regards,

• Upvote 1

Guest BeaverDriver

The vitriol expressed in these posts is very unfortunate.  Too bad.  "Bushpounders"--more like "Bush League".

Hmmnnn, more unfortunate than someone "dropping in" on a single thread and deeming the entire site and by definition, all the threads in it as "Bush League"? I wonder if making a statement like that isn't equally as bush league? As a long time member I can tell you there are a LOT of good people over there and far more supportive threads of Orbx and the terrific work they do than threads that criticize them. With Kory Coke's link as an extremely limited "window" into Bushpounders, he has given the very false impression that this is our only opinions of Orbx, and nothing could be further from the truth. Of course, with only 5 posts, I'm sure Kory is an "expert" in these matters. Perhaps before jumping on the bandwagon Stewart, you might want to read a little further into what's really over there beyond just a single thread. After all, is it fair for me to pick on you and Kory for this one post alone, although to be fair, there isn't much to choose from in either case.

We have a great deal of respect for Orbx and most developers over at Bushpounders, and we state so. We also will criticize where we think things are not right. The thread you are referencing is an outlier based on some recent events. By reading only a single thread, one can get a very slanted and incorrectly biased opinion of virtually any subject. Maybe do some homework before doing the mud slinging or jumping on any bandwagons. Otherwise you're just as guilty as you claim us to be.

Thank you.

Glenn

Maybe do some homework before doing the mud slinging or jumping on any bandwagons. Otherwise you're just as guilty as you claim us to be.

Thank you.

Glenn

I don't think calling someone an a$$hole is particularly charitable.  Thus my comment.  You're entitled to your view, obviously, but you cannot pretend to defend those personal attacks over there, else you're no better than those who made those comments.

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"