Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

MS 777 Flight Challenge

Anyone thinking about giving this a try? I would if I could just find the 777 download. I looked all over the MS Insider site an it has escaped detection. Anyone downlaod this aircraft yet and wanna direct me to where I can find it!Thanks,Alex ChristoffN562ZBaltimore, MD

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

Guest Knikolaes

From what I understand it hasnt been released yet. According to the article it will be "released next week", that was as of last week, so this week it should come out sometime.

I hope MS has a nice surprise for us with this plane, or else i fail to see the point of this thing.OHN

The FsInsider site still says that "In the next few days, we

Does anyone wanna bet me a dollar (US) whether or not we just get a modified default 777? sorry, I'm just feeling cynical :+

I've previously expressed my doubts about this site.Does anyone know of any other MS site that sells apparel, outerware, bags, office accessories, speciality items, and gift certificates through a 3rd party in this case eCompanyStore?

>The FsInsider site still says that "In the next few days,>we

Staffan

Guest Knikolaes

LOL I love it. The post went up only a few days ago and people are making the "still says it is going to be a few days" thing seem like it has been up for 6 months.It's Microsoft. If it says a few days, give it a few weeks **smiles**And yes you can go to the MSFS site and they have a direct link to that insider site -- it is an MSFS site. Go to their site and poke around -- you'll find the link.http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/Take care.<> To add:Although knowing Microsoft and their deadlines, since it is now a week from the "deadline", and being a college geek that KNOWS how long professional grade papers take to write (for these stories they want us to write) it takes a LOT longer than a few days to do. On average a college paper takes me 2 weeks to get to where it is my level of satisfaction, and to where it meets the demands of the professional academic institution's standards for an essay.Either they should have released it by now or extended that deadline. Frankly I'd rather use the PSS 777 coming out and write about a GOOD simulator flying experience, because as with many posters above, this will indeed be nothing more than a modified default 777 at best.

Guest robby88

The 777 downloads have yet to appear. It's now 12:20PM 2 November AEST (+10 GMT). MS are cutting things a bit fine with the Nov 7 deadline if people have to fly, collect their thoughts and observations and write the essay... though not impossible.The fsinsider and cfsinsider sites were around for a while. They both disappeared approx 20 months ago and urls were redirected to the FS2004 or CFS3 sites. fsinsider reappeared about a couple months ago. cfsinsider still diverts to the cfs3 site. I'm curious as to why some people think fsinsider might be a hoax. Mike Gilbert of MS ACES made mention of this in his blog a while back. http://blogs.msdn.com/tdragger/archive/200.../20/471829.aspx

Count me in for the 777 challenge. Wouldn't it be cool to fly the challenge with the new PSS 777 that might be out this week?I am not sure what to expect in regard to a new 777 from MS, but it's always good to hear that something is being worked on. Every update and activities like this are appreciated!

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Frickin' research the d**m thing if you still doubt it. Honestly, even on one of the developer's blogs it mentions this issue and how ridiculous it is. And don't you think the devs would link to the real FSInsider? Come ON man.As for the 777, I'm there like shareware as soon as it's uploaded.-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying! North Carolina's worst air disaster occurred when a small two-seater Cessna 150 plane,piloted by two Duke students, crashed into a cemetery earlier today.Search and rescue workers have recovered 300 bodies so farand expect the number to climb as digging continues into the evening.The pilot and copilot survived and are helping in the recovery efforts. :-lol