Sign in to follow this  

Can you somehow disable the default haze in P3D?

I am doing my first flight with AS16 and I am very disappointed with the haze. See my topic here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/492493-i-still-get-an-awfully-looking-haze/ Since the AS16 option to disable the default haze doesn't seem to work I was wondering if someone knows a way to manually disable the default haze in P3D? I don't know if that will solve the problem but I am willing to try anything to get rid of this utterly awfully looking haze. Or maybe I should go back to flying the Airbus LOL, which also a kind of solution, but I feel like flying GA again after flying the Airbus for ages. And flying low and slow through these kinds of haze walls all the time is killing the sim for me.

EDIT

Never mind. As I just posted in that other post, the haze isn't the problem, the low clouds are. Man, forgot how ugly this can look. I quit AS16 and loaded an Orbx weather theme. Things look a lot better now. :wink:

I am doing my first flight with AS16 and I am very disappointed with the haze. See my topic here: http://www.avsim.com/topic/492493-i-still-get-an-awfully-looking-haze/ Since the AS16 option to disable the default haze doesn't seem to work I was wondering if someone knows a way to manually disable the default haze in P3D? I don't know if that will solve the problem but I am willing to try anything to get rid of this utterly awfully looking haze. Or maybe I should go back to flying the Airbus LOL, which also a kind of solution, but I feel like flying GA again after flying the Airbus for ages. And flying low and slow through these kinds of haze walls all the time is killing the sim for me.

EDIT

Never mind. As I just posted in that other post, the haze isn't the problem, the low clouds are. Man, forgot how ugly this can look. I quit AS16 and loaded an Orbx weather theme. Things look a lot better now. :wink:

Welcome to the real world of flying in less than crystal clear weather, which you will find in many places 90% of the time. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Welcome to the real world of flying in less than crystal clear weather, which you will find in many places 90% of the time.

I think you misread my post. My problem isn't being new to and having to fly in less than crystal clear weather, I haven't flown in crystal clear weather for years, but my problem is how totally unrealistic and ugly it looks when flying low and slow. I've been flying the Airbus too long in which this isn't a problem.

I suppose this problem won't be solved until we get real 3D clouds instead of those flat sprites. Until then I will use AS historic weather whenever the clouds in real time weather are too low in the mountains. I simply can't stand the ugly look of it (and I can't imagine any serious simmer liking it: it totally kills immersion). ;)

I think you misread my post. My problem isn't being new to and having to fly in less than crystal clear weather, I haven't flown in crystal clear weather for years, but my problem is how totally unrealistic and ugly it looks when flying low and slow. I've been flying the Airbus too long in which this isn't a problem.

I suppose this problem won't be solved until we get real 3D clouds instead of those flat sprites. Until then I will use AS historic weather whenever the clouds in real time weather are too low in the mountains. I simply can't stand the ugly look of it (and I can't imagine any serious simmer liking it: it totally kills immersion). ;)

I use Rex soft clouds with AS 16 and don't see any problem and I fly quite a bit a low altitudes. I did a flight last evening in fact in Alaska, which had low clouds, and very poor visibility and it looked very realistic. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I use Rex soft clouds with AS 16 and don't see any problem and I fly quite a bit a low altitudes. I did a flight last evening in fact in Alaska, which had low clouds, and very poor visibility and it looked very realistic.

In the other topic someone also mentioned having less problems with this using REX soft clouds. Maybe it's time to buy that addon after all. (It can be used on its own, right?)

In the other topic someone also mentioned having less problems with this using REX soft clouds. Maybe it's time to buy that addon after all. (It can be used on its own, right?)

They are on sale this week.  Just got this email this morning. http://www.justflight.com/category/rex-game-studios?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=40%20off%20REX%20Games%20Studios%20add-ons%20this%20weekend&utm_content=40%20off%20REX%20Games%20Studios%20add-ons%20this%20weekend+CID_390a7aeb2b72a29ffc2c92609b55b8e9&utm_source=cm&utm_term=wwwjustflightcom

Have you considered manually creating your weather the way YOU like it?. It appears you don't want "real" weather but "real" weather that allows you better visibility. I would think that manually creating your cloud levels, etc might work for you.

Personally, I have not used manual weather but I know of many that really like it.

And to answer your question, AS16 is just like ASN in that it can use any clouds sets from any developer. What you lose is the dynamic cloud changes provided by AS16/ASCA combination.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The REX Soft Clouds would probably be your best bet for minimizing this problem because its caused by the level of alpha in the cloud textures. Brighter alphas create denser clouds with more defined shadows while lesser alphas create misty clouds that wont cause such hard lines that you describe.

If you have FEX, you might try creating a cloud set with 'cloud density' (I think it was - in the designer) set on minimum. That will create softer, mistier clouds.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Soft Clouds will not solve this, as they are no different to non soft clouds. However if the point they intersect the terrain happens to be in the fade-out part of the texture, then it may not look quite so bad, but it does still occur. The only option is to avoid flying when the clouds are very low, or maybe a massive offset would help. Also make sure your clouds are not scaled too big in REX or via shader mods, as this will cause more clashes with terrain.

Have you considered manually creating your weather the way YOU like it?. It appears you don't want "real" weather but "real" weather that allows you better visibility. I would think that manually creating your cloud levels, etc might work for you.

Personally, I have not used manual weather but I know of many that really like it.

And to answer your question, AS16 is just like ASN in that it can use any clouds sets from any developer. What you lose is the dynamic cloud changes provided by AS16/ASCA combination.

Vic

Hm, LOL, well, I am not certain which post you read and to whom you are talking but both answers clearly aren't answers to any of my questions LOL

I never said I want weather with better visibility and I never asked if you can use any cloud set with AS16. ;) But thanks for the effort, Vic! ;)

Soft Clouds will not solve this, as they are no different to non soft clouds. However if the point they intersect the terrain happens to be in the fade-out part of the texture, then it may not look quite so bad, but it does still occur. The only option is to avoid flying when the clouds are very low, or maybe a massive offset would help. Also make sure your clouds are not scaled too big in REX or via shader mods, as this will cause more clashes with terrain.

Yes, for now I will use historic weather when things start looking this bad. ;) I don't use REX nor shaders so no problem there.

Hm, LOL, well, I am not certain which post you read and to whom you are talking but both answers clearly aren't answers to any of my questions LOL
I never said I want weather with better visibility and I never asked if you can use any cloud set with AS16. ;) But thanks for the effort, Vic! ;)

LOL! Some days the lights are on but there's nobody home. Actually, it's  a proactive response - if anyone asks those questions, the answer is ready!  :wink:

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

LOL! Some days the lights are on but there's nobody home. Actually, it's  a proactive response - if anyone asks those questions, the answer is ready!  :wink:

Vic

:Tounge: