Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

Creating Photoreal Scenery in ADE

I'm creating KROC for a friend of mine. I would like to have the background image appear in P3D and FSX. Here is it so far:

4149e6b5a0.jpg

I would like to have the background image show as well. If anyone has any steps or a guide to creating this photoreal scenery, please reply below!

Cheers,

Grant

I used to use a program called FSET (FSEarthTiles). I don't have a link for it, you may need to google it, along with how to set it up. However, it is capable of downloading imagery from different sources (depending on what you're able to configure) and create either FSX or FS9 style .bgl's. There's quite a bit that goes into it, and quite a bit of increasing complexity depending on what you want to do (say, water masks or alpha blends, for example).

As well as being used for creating compiled photoscenery files, it can also be used to simply create an image file (.bmp) with known coordinates on the corners. This means that even though I don't really create stuff for FSX any longer, I still use the program for generating imagery to use when creating scenery in X-Plane. :wink:

Have fun! And be warned, scenery creating is addictive!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I'd use SBuilderX for a scenario like this.  FSEarthTiles is more for creating large areas of photo real.  But, of course you still can do it that way if you want.

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I'd use SBuilderX for a scenario like this.  FSEarthTiles is more for creating large areas of photo real.  But, of course you still can do it that way if you want.

I've used SbuilderX as well, but I've always had serious issues with stability whereas I've had lots of luck with FSET. In addition, I've found it easy to make seasonal variations of photoreal airport backdrops along with lit night backdrops, so I've stuck with it.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.