Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Moving map with SB database or FMC for 727?`

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,I was wondering if anyone knows of an FMC which could be intergrated into the DF727 panel that has a moving map like the old SB had for flying on line? Or perhaps not even an FMC, just the moving map gauge which has all the info that the new SB has for intersections and such?Thanks in advanceClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

David- what night lighting is that? It looks awesome :)To the original poster: I have the RXP GNS 430 and have installed that into my DF B727 panel (only the 2D panel at the moment). It does have a map- and I use it for keeping current with the GPS for real flying. Plus it offers the capacity of a flight plan and approaches, etc.Bruce.

Guest DavidJE

Ultimate Terrain + Ultimate Night Environment ProfessionalRegards,David

Hi Clayton,Have you not got 'FSnav'?By clicking the acorn icon, you can position and resize it to wherever you want it to be?Dave T. .........On the lovely warm Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Clay,I only fly online.I use FSBuild2 to create flight plans which are exported in three formats (SB3, SB2, FS2004 GPS).When I fly online, I open SB3 for online flying and load the above flight plan and file to VATSIM, I open SB2 (without connecting to VATSIM) and load the flight plan for the FMS, and I load the FS GPS from the FS Flight Planner with the above flight plan for the moving map. Works great even if it involves one or two extra steps. The biggest advantage of the SB2 FMS over the FS GPS is the VNAV function. What I miss though of a true FMS is the ability to do holding patterns, speed controls, etc.Shez

Shez Ansari

Windows 11; CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K; GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti 11GB; MB: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5; RAM: 16GB; HD: Samsung 960 Pro 512GB SSD, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD; Display: ASUS 4K 28", Asus UHD 26"

I was a bit surprised myself! Seems almost like a 180 degree turn in bad weather.Guess that is just what happens when you get old and gray.(Just joking Major Clay, Sir! I hope you know by now that like just about everybody else, I have the utmost respect for you and appreciate your opinions, comments and contributions.) Just couldn't believe you would make such a mod to your favorite old bird. I thought I was the only one that would do such a thing. I have reached the point and become so lazy that there are certain shortcuts and addons that I like to have on just about any panel. Remember adding Radar to a J-3 Cub once.Happy flying:RTH