Sign in to follow this  
cgbart

To Ease Your Win 10 Pain...

For many of you that have made the change to Windows 10, the following apps might help to ease your pain....google them for sites or download info:

Classic Start Menu - allows you to customize the look of your desktop, menus and windows with tweaks as well...very reliable must have program

Spybot Anti-beacon - Turns off most if not all the MS reporting features of Windows 10 and keeps them off using a simple easy to use app

Bloatware Removal - Google Windows 10 bloatware to remove and follow the simple instructions to remove many apps that needlessly run in the background

Carroll Utility - Allows for different resolutions in different accounts on same PC...handy for multi-user PCs

I'm sure there are more, but none of the above compromise the added security built into Win 10 and keep your install running smoothly.

Regards

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Classic Start Menu - allows you to customize the look of your desktop, menus and windows with tweaks as well...very reliable must have program

The Windows 10 anniversary update is light years better than Classic start menu, why ruin something that is near perfect with a third party hack ?

Even though I was a technet subscriber and had access to the Win 10 betas, I haven't had time to keep up and DL the betas. When the anniversary update is available to all beginning on August 2, we shall see! Thanks for the heads up.

BTW...I just like the older Win7 (and XP) look to my menus and screens...and others may as well, so to each his own!

Chris

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Yes, I prefer things my way too, Start is back for me.  Problem free.  Regards.

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Amazing how some folks are so resistive to change even when the change brings usability improvements.

Sometimes you have to give new things some time while you discover what the possibilities are.

No way could I go back to the old W7 start menu style after using this new one for a while.

• Upvote 1

Every day with Windows 8 filled me with regret for leaving Windows 7. After using Windows 10, Windows 7 seems dated.

Windows 7 seems dated.

Yup, nearly eight years dated :spiteful: It was a good OS back in the day, as was WinXP and Win98SE but things move on. I've turned off some features that I feel I don't need or want, but I don't want to ape an old OS when this one does things better if you give it a little time and get used to it.

The tech savvy gaming community has embraced it far better than the FS community...... hmmm I wonder why? :rolleyes:

No way could I go back to the old W7 start menu style after using this new one for a while.

Every day with Windows 8 filled me with regret for leaving Windows 7. After using Windows 10, Windows 7 seems dated.

I have Win 8 on my laptop since it came that way, and after the 8.1 update, I've been very happy with it. Everything always worked perfectly. But I was never impressed enough with it to get rid of Win 7 Pro on my desktop. But now... with Win 10 Pro on my desktop, I'm very,very tempted to ditch Win 8 on my laptop as well. It's really left me impressed, and yes, makes Win 7 feel very dated.

The tech savvy gaming community has embraced it far better than the FS community...... hmmm I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Regarding gaming on Win 10: While browsing through the Windows Store that popped up (almost immediately) after upgrading the other night, I decided to download and try out Forza Apex (a Win 10 / DX12 only game). It's not perfect (no wheel support yet!) but oh my gosh.... I was blown away by the sheer performance, considering the huge amount of graphical eye-candy it was displaying. I'm not sure I've yet played a 'sim' game that is as pretty as that one is, all at a solid 60 fps.  If that's at all indicative of Win10 DX12 gaming, bring it on!!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.