Sign in to follow this  
oliver1234

NGX World Tour

Hi all,

I am thinking about doing a world tour in the PMDG NGX starting this Monday!

I was wondering if anyone know's of a world tour repaint (type thing...), or a generic repaint for flying. I'm a 'realist' and cannot stand anything being unrealistic. Therefore, I'd prefer not to land in Bolivia in a Thomson 737-800, on my 'world tour'.

Any other general tips for a world tour?! Just anything in general.

Furthemore, I am looking to fly into challenging airports such as Madeira, Paro etc. all of which I have succesfully conducted landings for before.

Service Based Failures will be enabled ;)

Thanks,

Oliver Mitchell.

It’s not uncommon for liveries to sometimes be seen at airports the airline doesn’t service, due to a charter, delivery, or lease.  Doesn’t Thompson do private charters, maybe just do a flight simulating that?  If it were me I’d use a livery that I use regularly just to get the hours on the maintenance timers.  Otherwise maybe check out the file library here for a BBJ livery.

As for a route why not replicate real world 737 flights?  It’s actually possible to fly around the world on nothing but real 737 flights, it might take a little research but it could be a fun challenge.  I’ll even give you a couple of hints.  Westjet flies across the Atlantic, and you can look at Fiji Airways to get from PHNL to  YSSY via NFFN.

Brian W

KPAE

Fiji Airways to get from PHNL to YSSY via NFFN.

Good information, I've been flying 737s between the Islands and West Coast or Alaska but wasn't aware of the possibility of going further West. 

Also, NEX uses a 737 during the off season between NY and Copenhagen.

Dan Downs KCRP

Good information, I've been flying 737s between the Islands and West Coast or Alaska but wasn't aware of the possibility of going further West. 

Fiji Airways also has routes from PHNL to NSFA in case you have the ORBX Pago Pago scenery.  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FJI852.  They also use 737s from Nadi to Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, so lots of further Pacific exploring opportunities for you.  

Brian W

KPAE

It’s not uncommon for liveries to sometimes be seen at airports the airline doesn’t service, due to a charter, delivery, or lease.  Doesn’t Thompson do private charters, maybe just do a flight simulating that?  If it were me I’d use a livery that I use regularly just to get the hours on the maintenance timers.  Otherwise maybe check out the file library here for a BBJ livery.

As for a route why not replicate real world 737 flights?  It’s actually possible to fly around the world on nothing but real 737 flights, it might take a little research but it could be a fun challenge.  I’ll even give you a couple of hints.  Westjet flies across the Atlantic, and you can look at Fiji Airways to get from PHNL to  YSSY via NFFN.

I think I'll take the BBJ using real world 737 routes from different airlines - Thanks

Thanks

Fiji Airways also has routes from PHNL to NSFA in case you have the ORBX Pago Pago scenery.  http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FJI852.  They also use 737s from Nadi to Auckland, Wellington, and Christchurch, so lots of further Pacific exploring opportunities for you.  

I don't, however I like the look of Pago Pago - Might get it - Thanks