Sign in to follow this  
Guest OneTinSoldier

Screenshot

Guest frodoone

Forgive my ignorance, but can someone tell me how to take a screenshot in FS9? I have spent hours trying to find it in the help files and literature of MS...no luck. Thanks.:( :(

>Forgive my ignorance, but can someone tell me how to take a>screenshot in FS9? I have spent hours trying to find it in the>help files and literature of MS...no luck. Thanks.:( :( Go down the list to the Avsim Screenshot Forum and read the stickies. They will tell you how to take them and what tool to download and use. Also they have rules about what size and how many screenshots may be posted per message. Go get started taking pics! :-)update: here take the shortcut ;-)http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topics&forum=147

Guest OneTinSoldier

Hello,The tutorial in the screenshots sections tells you to go and get FSScreen which is a great little utility. After installing it you just press the 'PrtScrn'(PrintScreen) key on your keyboard as many times as you want and it will save a screenshot for each time you press the key. The screenshots will be saved in the folder where FSScreen.exe is.FSScreen utility:http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?DLID=11768After that you will need to get IRFanView (it's freeware) to convert and resize your screenshots, in case you don't already have such a utility. Just search on Google for it and you will find a place to download it from. After installing it you can open up a screenshot and then press 'B' to bring up the 'Batch Conversion/Rename' window. You can convert a whole slew of screenshots at once with this feature. You will need to set a number of options in it. One of them will be what size(resolution) the screenshot should be to changed to. If you are going to post a screenshot here in the Avsim forums then it will need to be converted to 1024x768 or smaller resolution. Another setting will be at what percentage of .jpg quality compression should be used during the conversion from .bmp to .jpg(you choose the percentage by using a slider). You must make the screenshot file come out to a file size of 150 kb or smaller. Play with the slider settings a few times to find out how good of .jpg quality you can set it at and come out with a file that is close to 150 kb. You will find that you will need to adjust this slider a little at times for various screenshots depending on how much detail the original screenshot has.Hope that helps,OneTinSoldier