Sign in to follow this  
seodave

NEW Ikarus C42 for FSX

Evening everyone!

I am particularly excited about this so wanted to post everywhere I have a forum membership - there is soon to be a payware C42 Ikarus (COMCO approved and pilot tested flight dynamics!) available for FSX and P3D! Brought to you in collaboration with the very excellent chaps at Sim720.

You can find it here: http://airsim720.com/

It's launching on 01 August - not long to wait either! I'm particularly excited about this as it's the aircraft I fly (in real life!) and I know many people in our hobbie have been looking for one.

Cheers all

Dave

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up on this Dave - I love LSAs and Microlights, and we are sorely short of good ones for FSX/P3D, so excited about this one.

Will be getting it on Day 1.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Hi JYW

I totally agree! Specifically payware ones - although I love free stuff (who doesn't right?!) but something that has had this amount of effort put into it (like Carenado's models and the many others you have to pay for) I think it makes a difference and very pleased to see this coming out into the market for us to play with!

Cheers, Dave

I see they've released now, and it's priced at £25 (it's a UK site), which is $35 US.  Quite a bit more than I expected, as Sim720 price their scenery at the lower end (around £15).  Not that I would object to paying £25 for a good LSA / Microlight, but they really haven't provided anywhere near enough screenshots and good videos (the video that is up there is mostly a real C42, and a home cockpit sim), for people to make an informed choice.

I'll probably wait until there are some vids on YouTube, so I can take a good look at it (+ listen to the sounds).  If it had been £15-£18 I'd have just took a chance and bought it straight off, but not for £25.

• Upvote 1

Bill

For £24.99+VAT I would expect to see much better screenshots, especially of the vc.

• Upvote 1

Intel I7-4770 3.4Ghz
16 Gb RAM
nVidia GTX770 2Gb
Windows 8.1 64 bit
P3D 4.4/3.4 FSX SE

My word!!!! ..... just realized it's £24.99 + VAT

So for those in Europe, it costs £30 ($39.90).

I'm out.

Especially considering some of the low quality texturing on the screenshots that we do have :-

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-01%20at%2001.43.

Bill

For £24.99+VAT I would expect to see much better screenshots, especially of the vc.

(the video that is up there is mostly a real C42, and a home cockpit sim

To be fair  to Sim720, there's around 20 or so screenshots of the aircraft - including detailed close ups of the VC, and the video I'm viewing (2.38 mins long - the same one?) is only the simulator product - at least I hope so, there's no one in the cockpit...

I think it looks rather smart - but agree on comments re the pricing - 

Eugene

A bit pricey indeed...

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

I have just seen the promo video

and I am not sure what the issue is with 'not enough detail'. It's clearly the real model and not a home built cockpit or real flying footage but FSX footage. Perhaps it's that good that it has you fooled? You can clearly see all the textures and gauges and it does look like a hell of a lot of work has gone into it. Perhaps the price is a little high but I note it is endorsed by Comco Ikarus themselves, which is rare for an FSX/P3D add-on aircraft and they claim that the Flight Dynamics have been designed, tested and approved by real C42 pilots. I guess that's why the price is more than you would expect but for that level of detail and accuracy I think the price is about right. 

My word!!!! ..... just realized it's £24.99 + VAT

So for those in Europe, it costs £30 ($39.90).

I'm out.

Especially considering some of the low quality texturing on the screenshots that we do have :-

Screen%20Shot%202016-08-01%20at%2001.43.

At that price you couldn't even put a pilot in it. Really?

• Upvote 1

I have just seen the promo video

and I am not sure what the issue is with 'not enough detail'. It's clearly the real model and not a home built cockpit or real flying footage but FSX footage. Perhaps it's that good that it has you fooled? You can clearly see all the textures and gauges and it does look like a hell of a lot of work has gone into it. Perhaps the price is a little high but I note it is endorsed by Comco Ikarus themselves, which is rare for an FSX/P3D add-on aircraft and they claim that the Flight Dynamics have been designed, tested and approved by real C42 pilots. I guess that's why the price is more than you would expect but for that level of detail and accuracy I think the price is about right. 

I don't think anybody got confused between the 'in sim' footage, and that of the sim pit - but the first video they released was mostly of the said simpit.    Of all of the promo videos to date, not one shows off the sounds from this C42, and for me, sounds are important in smaller LSAs/Microlights, as there's a lot of sound involved when you're flying these aircraft in real life. 

I've been checking YouTube on a daily basis for user videos of this addon, and as yet there still aren't any.  It may well be worth the money, but there's still not enough showcasing of it out there, to make a decision IMHO.

Bill

The world's first automated plane...

I thought the strange idea of some modellers to not put in pilot's figures into external models (kind of reducing it to a walk-around, ground model externally because it immediately cancels all immersion if you look at it in the air) had died out.

I suggest this be updated pretty soon. Otherwise it seems a really nice offering!

• Upvote 1

At that price you couldn't even put a pilot in it. Really?

It definitely needs a pilot so it looks a little more normal from an outside view.  The prop spin looked a little erratic.  I just tried a freeware version from FS2004 and it flew pretty well.  Overall it's a little too small

for the type of flying I like. 

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I don't think anybody got confused between the 'in sim' footage, and that of the sim pit - but the first video they released was mostly of the said simpit.    Of all of the promo videos to date, not one shows off the sounds from this C42, and for me, sounds are important in smaller LSAs/Microlights, as there's a lot of sound involved when you're flying these aircraft in real life. 

I've been checking YouTube on a daily basis for user videos of this addon, and as yet there still aren't any.  It may well be worth the money, but there's still not enough showcasing of it out there, to make a decision IMHO.

I just got it and I can confirm, as an Ikarus pilot, that the engine sounds are a Rotax 912. The documentation says 912UL 80HP. Sounds spot on to me.

The world's first automated plane...

I thought the strange idea of some modellers to not put in pilot's figures into external models (kind of reducing it to a walk-around, ground model externally because it immediately cancels all immersion if you look at it in the air) had died out.

I suggest this be updated pretty soon. Otherwise it seems a really nice offering!

Asked the question for you and a pilot is coming very soon as well as a few other things, not specified but as part of an update. Great news.!

The flight dynamics are bloody spot on.!! Great job guys. Really impressed with this little baby.

I just got it and I can confirm, as an Ikarus pilot, that the engine sounds are a Rotax 912. The documentation says 912UL 80HP. Sounds spot on to me.

That's good to hear, cheers.  I don't suppose you fancy recording a YouTube video for it? :smile:

Can you confirm whether there are any sounds on the switchgear, etc?  I seem to remember the C42 having rather loud, stiff metallic mag switches.  Just wondering if they've modelled any interior / immersive sounds, or whether it's just standard SDK sounds (engines, flaps, etc)?

=============================

EDIT:   Well, I decided to take the hit and buy it.

After completing the rather odd and complicated process to get hold of my download, I now have it :wink:   ............ feedback on it's way.  :smile:

Bill