Sign in to follow this  
harvester21

Oh nooo, the 747!

:sad: I was lucky enough to be a passenger a good few times on this bird - EGLL ->  KIAD BA222/BA223 (so infamous for it's flight delays they changed the flight number!)  and EHAM -> RCTP. Great times.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

End on an era.....I've never flown there, but it certainly has made the history of civil aviation.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

I like the B747 for her look and her systems and I like flying her in sims as much as I didn't like the real experiences I had as passenger!

I had two flights with two different European companies in the -400 and there were the least comfortable I ever had. Packed in like sardines in a tin, no space for the legs, and extremely narrow seats. The 777 and Airbus A330/340 were much more comfortable with the same companies.

• Upvote 1

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

So I guess I'll never fly in one of these... :sad:

They won't vanish instantly just because there are no new once produced.

The 747 is the reason I got into aviation. Though I wasn't able to travel on it as a passenger. I was lucky enough to stand inside the wheel well of this beautiful aircraft.(now that I think of it... Really wasn't the best place to be in)

Thank you air France engineers

If pmdg takes any longer to show more preview shots (at least)... I'll explode

I like the B747 for her look and her systems and I like flying her in sims as much as I didn't like the real experiences I had as passenger!

I had two flights with two different European companies in the -400 and there were the least comfortable I ever had. Packed in like sardines in a tin, no space for the legs, and extremely narrow seats. The 777 and Airbus A330/340 were much more comfortable with the same companies.

That depends on the airline's seating configuration of course. I've had some comfortable long haul flights in 747 economy. I've also had very cramped flights in 777s. Nothing can beat the upper deck of a 747 for comfort though.

Sad but inevitable that 747 production will come to an end.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I've heard Lufthansa 747's are quite comfortable..

I've heard Lufthansa 747's are quite comfortable..

Yes, they're not too bad. The flight-attendants, well they're another matter.

• Upvote 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

So I guess I'll never fly in one of these... :sad:

They dropped production of the 757 back in 2004, but:

http://flightaware.com/live/aircrafttype/B752

Yes, they're not too bad. The flight-attendants, well they're another matter.

Mainly, I think it's just the German aspect that's off putting. Then again, my family is from over that way, and I have a German roommate, so I might just be used to it? I've always found that speaking in German helps, too. In line with this thread, I got up onto the flight deck of one of Lufthansa's 744s, after asking as nicely as I could in German, back in 2005 when I was headed back over to Norway.

Kyle Rodgers

I got up onto the flight deck of one of Lufthansa's 744s, after asking as nicely as I could in German,

That's one thing the engineers didn't allow me to do.. If only I could speak in french.

Then again.. At that age I wasn't really able to speak any language. Except gibberish.

Which I still seem to speak.

Kyle, did you fall in love with her or what?

PS. There seems to be some problem in quoting from my side. Please excuse the above failed attempt to quote.

TWA and PanAm 747-200 from KJFK to EDDF and EDDF to KJFK on the TWA. First Class. It was nice. I also just remembered flying a Delta 747-200 KDTW to KTPA. Talk about a mismatch of route and airplane, this was it, But every airline wanted them in their fleet whether they made economic sense or not.

Oh noo... so sad for this... :(

I hope to fly on a Boeing 747-400, it's a piece of history