Sign in to follow this  
helios123

height callouts

hi i was wondering if its currently possible to get height callouts for any aircraft, especially x plane.  Certain aircraft like saab 340 dont have such callouts.  I think having the power or the option to easily add such callouts including minimum callout for any aircraft would make the MCE alot more valuable.  

Under the MCE monitor tab you can set various speeds for any aircraft and the FO should call out the speeds on take off.

For height call you could use pmsounds utility for aircraft that don't have them.

http://pmsounds.software.informer.com/1.0/

Maybe it could be something that fs++ might be able to add in the future?

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

hi i was wondering if its currently possible to get height callouts for any aircraft, especially x plane.  Certain aircraft like saab 340 dont have such callouts.  I think having the power or the option to easily add such callouts including minimum callout for any aircraft would make the MCE alot more valuable.  

All these "Final approach" call-outs are standard and apply to any aircraft (also available in X-Plane version)

Localizer alive

localizer capture

Glide slope alive

Glide slope capture

passing outer marker

one thousand feet above ground

Five hundred feet

Minimums

The "minimums" call-out is 200 by default, but can be altered by telling FO your current decision height.

Our decision height is XXX feet

All these "Final approach" call-outs are standard and apply to any aircraft (also available in X-Plane version)

Localizer alive

localizer capture

Glide slope alive

Glide slope capture

passing outer marker

one thousand feet above ground

Five hundred feet

Minimums

The "minimums" call-out is 200 by default, but can be altered by telling FO your current decision height.

Our decision height is XXX feet

Thanks I was specifically referring to 50,40,30 feet callouts etc, for aircraft that doesn't already have them.  

Thanks I was specifically referring to 50,40,30 feet callouts etc, for aircraft that doesn't already have them.  

Technically very easy to add them. We already have the recorded audio for that

However, we always seek to preserve the flight simulator performance level (that's why among other things, we don't run the speech engine via a gauge inside the simulator process), and making data reads 10 times a second just to catch when aircraft passes say from 30 to 20 feet would be irresponsible misuse of system resources, not to mention possible micro-stutters on short final. 

Currently MCE periodically queries for vital FS data once every 2 seconds or so. And we'd love to make it even less frequent. But have to keep it at that level for the sake of existing call-outs. For instance, if you get a very high acceleration on takeoff, you could occasionally miss the odd V1 or VR call-out.

Helios123,

Given the explanation from Gerald, suggest you try the pmsounds program, as you can tick only the calls you wish to hear.

Stuart

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373

Can MCE call 80 knots ?

Of course. That's standard Boeing call-out.

It also calls out "100 knots" with Airbus types.

Of course. That's standard Boeing call-out.

Gerald - I don't get this call out on pmdg 777-300ER.

Gerald - I don't get this call out on pmdg 777-300ER.

Maybe MCE not getting data from the simulator.

A reminder...

When Windows UAC is enabled, and we don't recommend disabling it, you MUST...

1 - Install MCE to default C:\Program Files (x86)\ folder

2 - Set "fsx.exe", "Prepar3D.exe" or "fs9.exe" to run as administrator.

If starting FSX or Prepar3D via a launcher app like "FPS_Limiter" or other, you must set the utility to run as administrator.

Otherwise, under UAC rules, Windows may block some communication between the 2 applications (MCE and the sim).

Go to <Sim> tab in MCE user interface and check ground/flight and engine status.

If reported correctly (may take up to 10 seconds to update), and provided the aircraft is supported, you can assume MCE is getting data from the sim as expected.