Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

CLOSED: Take our survey and have your say in shaping the future of flight simulation (plus there are prizes to be won!)

Greetings simmers, and welcome to the Dovetail Games Flight Simulation Survey! By completing this survey, you are helping us to understand what you as a community want in a flight simulation experience. This information will help us to hone future projects, and improve how we communicate with not only our players, but the wider flight simulation community as a whole. 

Once you have completed the survey, you have the option of entering a draw for the chance to win one of two TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals courtesy of Thrustmaster as our way of saying thank you. Competition rules, terms, and conditions can be found here:https://fsxinsider.com/comprules 

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill our survey, and look forward to seeing you in the virtual skies! 

Click this link to complete the survey and enter the competition - https://eSurv.org?u=flightsimsurvey 

-Dovetail Games Flight Simulation team

• Upvote 2

Seriously. I spend 25 minutes on the survey only to find out you HAVE to drag and rearrange ALL the items in question 14, 43, 49 and 51. So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests) and then rearrange them ALL while most of the options aren't of interest to me. Are you kidding me?! Question 51 alone has 62 options to drag and order!

Thanks for letting me spoil half an hour of my life with this crap. This doesn't really help to make me a customer, I can tell you.

In the end I dragged ALL items to the right without rearranging them just so I wouldn't have done all the work for nothing. So don't trust the results of those questions too much, I'd say. Who came up with this stupid idea, I wonder. Yes, I am a bit ######. Good luck with your sim.

Most of the "drag and drop" question answers did not apply to me, so I was unable to complete the survey. A shame. I agree with Jeroen that those questions need to be addressed and modified.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Agree, especially on a Tablet ^^

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Seriously. I spend 25 minutes on the survey only to find out you HAVE to drag and rearrange ALL the items in question 14, 43, 49 and 51. So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests) and then rearrange them ALL while most of the options aren't of interest to me. Are you kidding me?! Question 51 alone has 62 options to drag and order!

Thanks for letting me spoil half an hour of my life with this crap. This doesn't really help to make me a customer, I can tell you.

In the end I dragged ALL items to the right without rearranging them just so I wouldn't have done all the work for nothing. So don't trust the results of those questions too much, I'd say. Who came up with this stupid idea, I wonder. Yes, I am a bit ######. Good luck with your sim.

Same here. I tried to give input, but after spending half an hour and completing all questions to finally detect the form was not accepted (probably for the same reason as for Jeron) I'll not try it again.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Someone at Dovetail does not know customer relations.

If I were Dovetail, I would immediately take down that survey and redo it. You can get your answers but with more and much shorter question/answers.

Those drag and drop questions are totally beyond what most people are willing to do. I gave up also.

• Upvote 2

So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests) and then rearrange them ALL while most of the options aren't of interest to me. Are you kidding me?! Question 51 alone has 62 options to drag and order!

There certainly are a lot of options in question 51. They are all suggestions and feature requests from your fellow flight sim players. While they might not all be of interest to you, they might be to others. We have included as many of the most frequently requested items from the community in the list  as we can. Now we want the community helps us decide what the priority of these features are. 

We know that it takes a while to do this, but what the community tells us now will help to shape our plans for DTG Flight Simulator over the next few years and beyond. 

- Martin 

• Upvote 2

It would be better if I only had to move the items over that are of interest to me. There is absolutely no point whatsoever putting all of them in order when 90% of them are irrelevant to me. I would just be copying and pasting for the sake of it, and it would therefore be meaningless (as Jeroen has already indicated).

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't think you can expect anyone to 1. drag all entries left to right (why is that step needed anyway) and 2. to rearrange them all in a desired order, specially when a lot of the items are of no interest to you. All this doesn't take a while, it takes way too long. If even some of the most dedicated simmers on this forum find this too much, I shouldn't expect the less dedicated gamers spending any time on this.

But what is even more annoying is the fact you only find out about this after completing the survey.

My advice: allow people to only drag items of interest left to right and that's it. That should give you the best information on what people want. These long lists simply won't work. And it simply is impossible to order items I am not interested in. I could leave them as they are but then you would think it is my desired order...

But hey, it is your survey so if you want to do it like this, feel free to do so, but it won't result in happy customers.

EDIT

What Christopher said while I was typing. ;)

So you have to drag them all to the right (and NOT from the right to the left, as the text suggests)

????

From the survey:

"Please drag and drop from the box on the left into the box on the right."

It is written left to right. :Nail Biting:

My advice: allow people to only drag items of interest left to right and that's it. That should give you the best information on what people want.

That's correct. A good advice.

????

From the survey:

"Please drag and drop from the box on the left into the box on the right."[/size]

It is written left to right. :Nail Biting:.

It is now, yes. ;)

There certainly are a lot of options in question 51. They are all suggestions and feature requests from your fellow flight sim players. While they might not all be of interest to you, they might be to others. We have included as many of the most frequently requested items from the community in the list  as we can. Now we want the community helps us decide what the priority of these features are. 

We know that it takes a while to do this, but what the community tells us now will help to shape our plans for DTG Flight Simulator over the next few years and beyond. 

- Martin 

I answered the survey, but I have to agree, it´s too long. The big problem is this part we have to drag all the features. 

I follow the others´ suggestions, would be better if you only had to put the features we would like to be improved.

Actually, I did NOT "drag everything" and reorder in priority. I dragged only those items that hold some interest for me. The only complaint I got were two questions I thought I'd answered but had missed.

My survey results were accepted as submitted.

I too found that those "drag/drop/reorder" questions were too lengthy.

• Upvote 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator