Sign in to follow this  
DTG Martin

CLOSED: Take our survey and have your say in shaping the future of flight simulation (plus there are prizes to be won!)

Why am I required to drag and drop responses which have absolutely no bearing on my interests or thoughts?  I should not be required to rank choices that I do not give a *^&$ about.

You are not. Haven't you been reading this thread?

Please note, you need to arrange all of the boxes in order for the question to be answered).

I will say that this final sentence in the "instructions" is confusing at best. Are the "boxes" referring to the multiple groups of drag-able items, or to the items themselves.

From the way the survey now works, I am confident that it is the former; the "groups" are what are being referred to, but despite coming from the very country that "invented English" I'm amazed at just how poorly this was expressed. :hi:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I will say that this final sentence in the "instructions" is confusing at best. Are the "boxes" referring to the multiple groups of drag-able items, or to the items themselves.

From the way the survey now works, I am confident that it is the former; the "groups" are what are being referred to, but despite coming from the very country that "invented English" I'm amazed at just how poorly this was expressed. :hi:

Well, imho: first, the sentence should have been "Please note, you need to DRAG all of the boxes in order for the question to be answered" because that was how it was at first (rearranging never was mandatory) and it is referring to the drag-able items of the question itself (every 'drag question' has this line). Secondly, since they changed this (you do not have to drag ALL boxes anymore) the sentence should have been removed completely. So it is confusing in multiple ways. :wink:

Jeroen, there are FOUR (Question) "Boxes" to be arranged. Within those FOUR "Boxes" are a list of "Items" that may be dragged from the left side to the right side, and then re-ordered according to one's own sense of priority.

The only absolute requirement is that for each of the FOUR "Boxes" at least one entry must be dragged over to the right side in order for the question to be considered as answered.

Fr. Bill    

Jeroen, there are FOUR (Question) "Boxes" to be arranged. Within those FOUR "Boxes" are a list of "Items" that may be dragged from the left side to the right side, and then re-ordered according to one's own sense of priority.

The only absolute requirement is that for each of the FOUR "Boxes" at least one entry must be dragged over to the right side in order for the question to be considered as answered.

Ah, ok... but shouldn't 'question' be 'questionS' then...? But anyway, we can agree it's poorly expressed. ;)

I managed to complete the survey this time, although I admit that I did not spend a lot of time on those "drag and drop" questions.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

How much do they pay to complete that survey dissertation?

Emmanuel Argiropoulos

LOLOLOL!!! It's obvious that a there is a lot of boredom and irritation going around! Something I always wondered and might as well ask as it is every bit as logical as the original form of the survey:

What's a dove's tail have to do with anything?

https://www.bing.com/search?q=dovetail&form=EDGHPC&qs=PF&cvid=f90fc6b128eb455db7a4b4ea7d663c7e&pq=dovetail

Kind regards,

Stephen

PS: No harm was intended with this jest.

Actually, I did NOT "drag everything" and reorder in priority

Same here

Wow. Ran like one of those personality tests you do at a job interview.

I managed to sort the boxes out but IMHO these should have been broken down into specific categories, rather than lumped into 50 or so. Many such as SDK or online participation were of no interest to me, likewise the earlier section - should have been possible to simply leave out those not applicable.

For example, I want the FS Passengers type functionality and/or career mode but not at the expense of decent graphics, flight model/fuel consumption and a planner! So it ended up around No. 20 in the list after starting around No. 5 after gradually filling the space above with, "Can't do without that" features.

Many of the items being called on to rank should go without saying in a new designed from the floor up sim, shouldn't even be necessary to poll them.

Ah, ok... but shouldn't 'question' be 'questionS' then...? But anyway, we can agree it's poorly expressed. ;)

Um, nope. The word "question" is acting as an adjective modifying "Boxes," which is plural.

Yes, it is very poorly expressed, fuzzy grammar notwithstanding. :fool:

Fr. Bill    

I did find it a little amusing to see JV open a thread on the Orbx forum linking to the survey....only to delete the thread a couple of days later after some less than complimentary remarks.

It was even more amusing to see someone then start a thread asking where the previous thread had gone....only to see that promptly disappear as well!

Cheers,

Geoffrey Easton

Being a bit anal I managed it all. What I really meant to say was that Dovetail need to reach out to the best of the developers and work hand in hand to integrate and offer the dev's products as in app purchases. Everyone wins then.

Think about it. 64 bit sim with integrated updated airfield info and a load of navigraph data. buy your updates in game via Steam.

Good basic terrain with full on OBBX upgrade in app. Got a VR headset- it's integrated but the module is an in app purchase for th efull features.

Etc.

More sales for the devs, more integrated and bug free product for DTG.

Win/Win.

• Upvote 1

Mark Harris.

Aged 54. 

P3D,  & DCS mostly. DofReality P6 platform partially customised and waiting for parts. Brunner CLS-E Yoke and Pedals. Winwing HOTAS and Cougar MFDS.

Scan 3XS Laptop i9-9900K 3.6ghz, 64GB DDR4, RTX2080.

B737NG Pilot. Ex Q400, BAe146, ATP and Flying Instructor in the dim and distant past! SEP renewed and back at the coal face flying folk on the much deserved holidays!

Finally managed to get through it.  Have to say the instruction that you have to order all the items in the boxes  is odd - and a bit of a barrier - since you actually don't.  You can just pick the ones that apply.  Wish that had been made clear.  Still, good on Dovetail for trying to find out what's on our minds.  Hope they act on it.  

Thanks J van E your first reply saved me from bothering to even look. Cheers  

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Worst on-line questionnaire I have ever started to use. Lost patience and interest in it as well as Dovetail. PR disaster.

Gordon

• Upvote 1