Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

Loss of Photorealism in Add-Ons & Shader Cache absent

Hi I wonder if I could seek some advice, I have lost all photorealism in my Add-On Airports which I mentioned in a previous thread, I have recently noticed that although I have a Shader on my NVDIA GeForce 760 Control Panel, I don't have any other Shader in either my FS9 Cfg  or when I go into control panel App data Users (username) Local I have opened hidden files etc; and can find nothing on my W7 or FS2004 for a shader file.

My question is I wonder if this could be contributing to this problem as the add-ons are loaded and no cache library is in place, and if so could you advice on anything I should input into my fs9 Cfg file or other areas, I read an old post that stated

SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1  should be placed in the FS9Cfg file under Initial Set-up but i'm not sure if this is correct in my case .

Any Advice would be most appreciated

I don't have any SHADER_CACHE_VERSION entry in my fs9.cfg file and my graphics run just fine.  I have an NVidia GeForce 560 card.

Have you d/loaded new NVidia drivers recently or installed anything which might cause your problem?  Might be a good idea to reinstall a known good version of the drivers and also let the sim build a new fs9.cfg file and see what happens.

Dijvid

Hi thank you Dijvid

Actually last week I tried that i'd installed new drivers and then reverted back to other I'd used when the game ran normally but sadly no change maybe i'll have to try the ENBseries and see if that can put some realism into my airports anyway thank you so much for your advice. much appreciated !

Hi thank you Dijvid

Actually last week I tried that i'd installed new drivers and then reverted back to other I'd used when the game ran normally but sadly no change maybe i'll have to try the ENBseries and see if that can put some realism into my airports anyway thank you so much for your advice. much appreciated !

Sorry to hear that this hasn't turned anything up for you.  Can't think of anything else I'm afraid.  Hope you can work something out soon.

Dijvid