Sign in to follow this  
Don Quixote

Which C152?

Hi everyone,

I'm beginning my flight training soon(ish) in a C150, and of course plan to use X-Plane to enhance training a little. :smile:

Now, there are two payware C152's available, one from Carenado and one from X-Aviation. Both look pretty solid, but they're older products, and in the case of the X-Avation one I'm not even sure if it works in XP10.

If someone happens to have one or both of these, is it worth buying? There's a nice freeware version available too, which is what I'm using now, so the question is wether either of the payware versions are worth $25/$20 respectively by today's standards.

Any help is appreciated. Cheers!

Steve

I fly the carenado and it's pretty good. It does not look and feel that old as you would expect. Also bought the Airfoillabs c172 but for a rookie as I am the 152 is a bit easier. The x-aviation plane is the 4fources plane i think so that would be a bit older.

The carenado plane I own works in xp9 and xp 10

Good luck with your decision!

Jozeff

Thanks Jozeff, I think I'll get the Carenado then. Looking through the X-Aviation forums for the 4Forces C152 it appears that it hasn't been updated for years and probably doesn't even work with XP10... I'm not a huge Carenado/Alabeo fan, but they do keep their fleet of aircraft updated (or rather, Dan Klaue does), that's a big plus in my book! And of course they do look great, no question aout that.

Cheers! :smile:

Steve

Thanks Jozeff, I think I'll get the Carenado then. Looking through the X-Aviation forums for the 4Forces C152 it appears that it hasn't been updated for years and probably doesn't even work with XP10... I'm not a huge Carenado/Alabeo fan, but they do keep their fleet of aircraft updated (or rather, Dan Klaue does), that's a big plus in my book! And of course they do look great, no question aout that.

Cheers! :smile:

Steve

As you guessed, the 4forces has not been updated in quite a while but works in XPX. The Carenado is fine and there is a thread at the org with tweaks to the flight model that could be an interesting read for you.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/67606-c152-ii-v2/&page=4#comment-739909

Somewhere in there you might find some interesting comments and see if this model is suited to your needs.

Thanks Michel! That looks indeed very much like what I'm looking for. :smile:

If anyone else is interested in the tweaks, I've just contacted the author (the screenshots and files have disappeared from the thread) and he has kindly re-uploaded the files here: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/67606-c152-ii-v2/&page=4#comment-806477

I'm beginning my flight training soon(ish) in a C150, and of course plan to use X-Plane to enhance training a little. :smile:

Now, there are two payware C152's available, one from Carenado and one from X-Aviation. Both look pretty solid, but they're older products, and in the case of the X-Avation one I'm not even sure if it works in XP10.

Hi,

I have been training for my PPL in Carenado's C152 and it was very helpful. For basic training it was enough. I could get familar with the cockpit, trained procedures and traffic patterns and navigation in cross country.

Good luck in your training!

Lukasz

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks Lukasz! I've bought the Carenado and after applying the tweaks from the .org I'm quite happy with it. Now it correctly pulls to the right while climbing, which it didn't before the tweaks. It's not perfect but then again, with the staggering amount of 1 (one) hour of experience in the real thing I may not yet be the most qualified person to judge. :P

Thanks for your suggestions guys! Cheers! :smile:

Steve