Sign in to follow this  
danander11

737 800-900 for P3D not functioning.

I click on the icon, the splash screen pops up and sets for a bit then two smaller window open and then close almost immediately and I'm back at the desktop.. yet taskmanager shows it to be running. I. now, can't get past this point.

You cannot start P3D if the Task Manager shows it still running. It is normal for P3D to take up to a minute to shut down, but if it keeps running then that is a problem on to itself. Use the End Task button in Task Manager to kill the process. See if same problem reoccurs.

Dan Downs KCRP

You cannot start P3D if the Task Manager shows it still running. It is normal for P3D to take up to a minute to shut down, but if it keeps running then that is a problem on to itself. Use the End Task button in Task Manager to kill the process. See if same problem reoccurs.

Done this..  And it's not that it keeps running once shut down..,  it's that it never starts up.  Just a splash screen then something happening somewhere that only task manager can see.  I'm not sure of what's happening but I cannot change any parameters or see what may be going on, etc...

Sorry, you said task manager shows it to be running and i assumed it was P3D.  Now I am confused.  What is it?

Dan Downs KCRP

Not sure what there is to be confused about...

I try to start P3D and right after the splash screen it goes back to the desktop with p3d nowhere to be found.

Starting task manger shows p3d to be running.. But I can't find or access it. The only way to start the startup process over is to select p3d and choose End Task.

However, before leaving the house this morning I found that by manually going into the Modules directory and removing the references to FSUIPC, it starts normally every time. Looking at the FSUIPC website the heading shows it is OK for p3dv3.3... But the notes say only to 3.2.4 with no further support. I guess I'll have to find a different way to map buttons and switches. I'll test it more tonight.

We had a simple miscommunication.  Regardless you found the problem and it's possible the FSUIPC module might work by moving the ini to your desktop and letting it build a new ini. If so, then you only need to repair the ini or reset your settings. I have FSUIPC 4.955 that I download a week ago and its performing as expected with P3Dv3.3.5

Dan Downs KCRP

We had a simple miscommunication.  Regardless you found the problem and it's possible the FSUIPC module might work by moving the ini to your desktop and letting it build a new ini. If so, then you only need to repair the ini or reset your settings. I have FSUIPC 4.955 that I download a week ago and its performing as expected with P3Dv3.3.5

Thanks for that! I'd rather not use 'bolt-ins' for functionality but FSUIPC has always worked a treat for me... And is like to hang on if possible.

As for the miscommunication, probably more so from my end Communicating with others can sometimes be a dicey affair for me because I think a bit sideways sometimes.

OK..  Back home and off of my phone so these should make a bit more sense...

I'm 99% certain that it's a conflict with FSUIPC and weather calls...  Pete Dowson has made reference to such in a couple of places..  I found http://forum.simflight.com/topic/81933-p3d-v33-ctd-when-fsuipc-4955c-is-enabled/ to be most useful in ferreting out some things and tweaking the .INI   Most notably that there is a newer version of FSUIPC (downloadable from that same forum) that ups it from v4.955c, (on Schirattis site), to v4.955g

Using that newer version and following the other suggestion Pete had seems to have done the trick. (though I could never find the .wx files he referenced.. and I found a couple of the .bin files in different locations instead of just one).

One odd thing however is that in viewing the FSUIPC log from the last unsuccessful attempt to start P3D..  it made reference to the PMDG 739 that I had flown and closed out of the last time it worked properly.  I'm wondering if perhaps something in P3D called for it to load the last flight and not the default???  Who knows.

I'll try some things tonight and see how it goes..  but I sure feel a lot better about this..

Thanks again Kyle and Dan!