Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

ORBX OpenLC NA (Part 2) release imminent

thousands of servers all over the world handle far more data, from a much larger customer base than you described

I know, kingm56. My comment was meant to be a little bit sarcastic. Flight simmers, me included, are a very impatient lot. I do think that FSS can be given a little bit of a break.

They are just a flight sim retailer, not the US Government.

That being said, it's time to start dl'ing this thing.

Cheers

Got it paid for, with upgrade only $24 USD.

Can't get to download link. Servers must be overwhelmed.

Russ

Many may fly and some are rewarded

handsomely, but the wings of gold of a

United States Naval Aviator mean more

than flying. It is dearly bought, requires

sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Fair enough, Jazz!  I know I'm being critical; i just expect ANY business, regardless of size, to possess the infrastructure, or the ability to scale, to meet the demands of their customers.  However, having said that, I get your point ;)    

• Upvote 1

Matt King

That being said, it's time to start dl'ing this thing.

Do it now, servers are up! Might not be for long!

I'm now downloading part 4 at 2.5M, looks like servers are up and healthy.

Not even close here cant even login never mind download something - will be avoiding FFS for future purchases its always been slow - new product release or not

Rich Sennett

Not even close here cant even login never mind download something - will be avoiding FFS for future purchases its always been slow - new product release or not

Must be a time lotto, I got lucky and the speeds peaked. Wish there was a bit torrent option, downloads would get better the more seeds there are!

Take a cup of coffee, maybe a beer or a bottle of wine, fly a bit with the rest of the scenery you have installed, enjoy all of your aircraft, have patience and some day within the next couple of weeks you'll have your 13 GB of OpenLC NA, paid and downloaded, and probably you'll not suffer either from the usual teething problems and lots of reports to ORBX forums about scenery not showing, blurries, lakes and rivers where they shouldn't be, etc., etc., during the first weeks.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Take a cup of coffee, maybe a beer or a bottle of wine, fly a bit with the rest of the scenery you have installed, enjoy all of your aircraft, have patience and some day within the next couple of weeks you'll have your 13 GB of OpenLC NA, paid and downloaded, and probably you'll not suffer either from the usual teething problems and lots of reports to ORBX forums about scenery not showing, blurries, lakes and rivers where they shouldn't be, etc., etc., during the first weeks.

Cheers, Ed

Weeks unacceptable Ed 

Rich Sennett

Do it now, servers are up! Might not be for long!

Already in progress. Speeds aren't great, but my internet provider's speed is never great. At least  I have all 4 parts being downloaded.

Jazz

Cheers, Ed

Normally I would agree 100% with your comments, Ed.  However, I don't think its fair to place the onus on the customers to be patient to receive a product they PAID for; moreover, the delivery method is clearly marked as "INSTANT DOWNLOAD."  To my mind, that doesn't mean waiting a few days or weeks ...consumers are allowed, and should, have higher expectations than that... 

• Upvote 1

Matt King

Take a cup of coffee, maybe a beer or a bottle of wine

I don't think encouraging drug use is appropriate on this forum ;)

I don't think encouraging drug use is appropriate on this forum ;)

We'll, take just an orange juice, a soda, or simply some water, then. I suppose you don't smoke either.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I just sat down with intent to purchase, but after reading this I think I'll wait another week or two.

Vic green