Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

Rocky Run

Rocky Run

This last minute flight plan will feature long legs over the Rocky Mountain western states of Wyoming and Colorado.  Departing from Jackson Hole (KJAC) we fly over the Wind River Mountains to Lander (KLND) Wyoming, then south to Rocky Springs(KRKS), west to Craig (KCAG) , then to Vail Eagle County (KEGE).  The final legs will take us to Grand Junction (KGJT) and Telluride(KTEX) before finishing at  Durango (00C)

Skyvector Plan is here (for Roman's Map folding needs)

The route is long (531nm) so a quick aircraft is preferred. I will fly the A2A P-51. but as always you are free to fly what you like. 

If we get lucky we and Orbx may have released Orbx NA landclass part deux.

stang_kjac.jpg

The FSX / Plan-G flight is here.

Recommended scenery:

Orbx Central Rocky Mountains

Orbx Jackson (KJAC)l

Orbx Vail Eagle County (KEGE)

Orbx Telluride (KTEX)

Date and time: Saturday 30 July 2016, 1800 UTC

Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel

Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com

Multiplayer: FSX Multiplayer (IP will be provided on Teamspeak)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet! (linked here)

Note to Ron, Set server time to  17:30 Local

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

TBM 850 time..

Given that we are flying over an Orbx Region, the LC will not make any difference, I would think..

To test the LC, next week we should schedule a flight in the Eastern U.S.  :wink:

Bert

Good point Bert, but the route exits Central Rocky Mountains shortly after leaving Jackson.  Most of the route is over Global LC.

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

I have just this minute finished watching a TV programme about Yellowstone park. Fascinating stuff. I then come to check the forum and wow!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Good point Bert, but the route exits Central Rocky Mountains shortly after leaving Jackson.  Most of the route is over Global LC.

OK.. got it!

Bert

Won't be able to make the flight. Just back from Oshkosh, need to unpack etc.. The last few weeks have been very busy with the finalization of the Turbo Mallard prior to the release therefore had to push the S.E.A. event aside. Need to do 15 ( plus ?) flights over this weekend to finish up prior to the deadline. :Silly: Maybe will hookup on TS to chat while flying in SEA. 

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap