Sign in to follow this  
paulh1

ProATC/X

Hi All

I have just started using ProATC/X in conjunction with active sky - FSX - and pmdg queen of the skies.

I create my routes with PFPX, then save the flight as .pln and .rte format, then export them to active sky and ProATC/x

All move along quite nicely until ProATC/X tells me to turn 180 degrees and return to a particular waypoint.

It would seem this waypoint has been missed.

However after checking the flight plan in the queen of the skies fmc, the pln file in ProATC/x and the .rte file in pmdg/FSX the waypoint appears in all of them.

So for the rest of the flight like a rabid dog ProATC/x keeps telling me to turn 180 degrees and return to the way point even though it has been passed and is 300 mile behind.

Has anyone else experienced this, or my know how to stop it happening

Thx Paul  ps  I looked for a ProATC/X forum site to post this, couldn't find it. Is there a forum for this software.

in my experience sometimes it is overly strict about not counting a waypoint that you pass..happens if the autopilot cuts the corner a bit too far inside it, this can especially happen on some departure procedures where you are making tight turns at 200+ knots.

if you bring up the menu there are some options you can pick from, one of them is to choose a direct-to waypoint, most of the time if it is hassling you about a point you passed a while back you can just request one that is ahead. it will display a list from the flightplan in the menu..  this usually fixes it for me although a few times it flat out refused to give me clearance direct, i don't know exactly why but those refusals seem rare

cheers and good luck

-andy crosby

All move along quite nicely until ProATC/X tells me to turn 180 degrees and return to a particular waypoint.

It would seem this waypoint has been missed..

in my experience sometimes it is overly strict about not counting a waypoint that you pass..happens if the autopilot cuts the corner a bit too far inside it, this can especially happen on some departure procedures where you are making tight turns at 200+ knots.

if you bring up the menu there are some options you can pick from, one of them is to choose a direct-to waypoint, most of the time if it is hassling you about a point you passed a while back you can just request one that is ahead. it will display a list from the flightplan in the menu..  this usually fixes it for me although a few times it flat out refused to give me clearance direct, i don't know exactly why but those refusals seem rare

This happens all the time for the reason explained by spesimen, i.e. the autipilot naturally tending to cut the corners in order to avoid rough turns and Pro-ATC/X having hard time to recognize such maneuver as part of the flight plan, which results in a missing waypoint. If you are in Enroute, the solution is asking for a direct-to waypoint and get cleared. Unfortunately, if you are in a SID or STAR, where this situation happens most of time, you can ask for a Direct-To, but you'll always get a "Negative".

A very annoying problem in the current patch that hopefully they will solve with the next one.

In PF3 there is a setting for traffic advisories en-route. 0 is off but I have set mine to 4nm. So I have to be more than 4nm "off course" before I am nagged. The same applies to altitude. Mine is set to 1,000ft. So in PF3 this isn't a problem. :-)

Fellows:

Simply I love PMDG. 737 and 777 are my ladies.

I am using PRO-ATC/X Version 1.7.2.0. This is the newest one.

If I fly stock P3D airplanes I can save the situation in mid flight using via PRO-ATC/X

However, when I fly PMDG and try to save the situation, I don't have the option to save after I click on 5- Other requests.

First I press key 1, when the PRO-ATC/X menu appears on the screen I click on 5-Other requests. Next menu appears but it has only 4 options. There is no option so save flight.

Any suggestion?

Thank you,

Rafael Rodriguez

NC