Sign in to follow this  
Guest bisinchi

PSS - Concord. . . limited appeal?

Guest McFly

I'm sure this will be a masterpiece. Of course it will have it's rabid supporters but I don't think it will have mass appeal. Everyone wants to see the Concord fly over but it's real life flight plans are very limited. What should they build? T

I kinda feel the same way. I am not sure how many times I could fly LHR-JFK. I guess people will enjoy it, maybe fly it to other destinations. I would like to fly it but I am sure I would be bored with it.

Guest Paul Heaney

Of course its real life flight plans are VERY LIMITED, She's retired. Don't get much more limited than that.Altitude Concorde is already a masterpiece, and Andrew's Support for the product is top notch. So, as a Concorde fan, I see no need to go with the PSS Model, although I WILL be watching it.

Guest McFly

For me anyway, the 747 series is almost in the same catagory. . . long haul flights. So I'm not sure I will be buying the PMDG 747 either. This will be a real beauty too but I just don't have the time to take on a flight of hours. For me the 737NG and the AB319/20 are perfect. Besides that, they are what I see flying around my area of the country. I just wish someone would develop a state of the art AB series up to the cross bar of PMDG. Terry

>For me anyway, the 747 series is almost in the same catagory.>. . long haul flights. So I'm not sure I will be buying the>PMDG 747 either.One new feature of PMDG 747 will be ability to save in mid flight and later resume. This is very clever for them to deliver this functionality for something so long range as 747.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Guest McFly

By all means. That was think-ahead planning. Even with the far shorter hops I make in the 737 (mostly 737-600) I often wish I could save and return later. I would hope that the save and return technology could be applied to the 737NG's too.Terry

Well, as stated above (even with an A.net photo), there were many charter destinations for the Concorde...In fact, in 1986 she once flew a bunch of British golf fans on a charter from the UK over to Providence, RI (KPVD) - much to the shagrin of the airport neighbors and the sheer joy of airplane nuts like me. I was pretty young (11 years old) and had to be in school when the plane flew in, but there were CROWDS of people watching as the plane came in. I think my mom and brother went to a nearby hill to watch it - they snapped a blurry photo from 5 miles away, but at least you can make out the droop nose! This thread has a lot of contributions from folks who saw the Concorde at various airports across the globe... a good resource for those of you who want more variety instead of the NYC-London route. :) http://www.airliners.net/discussions/gener...ad.main/1238158Enjoy!-Greg

Guest bisinchi

Hi,I'm curious to see how PSS upcoming concorde compares with Altitude's product. According to a review, it's pretty hard core stuff and really good,Francois