Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Help launch vpilot via a hot key

Hi All,

I currently have a single 24" monitor.

The issue I have is that when I am on full screen mode in FSX, if I want to toggle to vpilot I need to come out of full screen mode and then click vpilot from the task bar.

It would be easy if we can set a hot key to make vpilot pop up, is that possible ?.

Thanks

You could start pilot with either fsuipc or with the exe file inside fsx when you start the sim - this will then be running in the background then you could click on the task bar icon to bring it to the front.

I use fsuipc to startup vpilot,ezdoc,aivlasoft efb - they run in the background and don't interfere - just use them when ready.

When I close the sim fsuipc closes the ones I started. There may be other ways and someone will come up with other ideas.

All the best

Denis B