Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Virtual Cockpit Pilot Distance From Instrument Panel?

I have tried several zoom levels setting up the pilot/co-pilot view but they always seem too close to the panel. If the pilot view right and is properly aligned with the right seat then he is almost touching the panel.

Setting a "proper" panel view puts the pilot too far aft.

I have flown several of these planes as a pilot and know that I have not got the correct pilot-to-panel distance.

Monitor is a 35" Vizeo widescreen TV and fsx.cfg is set to widescreen and OPUS is the only viewing system I use (no TrackIR)..

Any help appreciated

Regards to all

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I would advise sticking to the default zoom level for the view and moving the eye point to the desired position using the 6DOF controls. But zoom and 6DOF is all that can be controlled.

Stephen :-)

It depends on your screen. If it is a widescreen and you have a 16:9 image then your cockpit zoom should be 85%. If 15:9 then 81%.

That said you will never get an equivalent to real life. Because the sim doesn't cater for peripheral vision.

The only zoom options are the coarse nod fine steps provided in the dialog. SimConnect does not allow a definite zoom level of X.Y to be set.

Stephen

Thanks for the explanations. I was hoping that somewhere in the fsx.cfg (or some other cfg) there would be some adjustment. Not a real problem but in some planes it makes me a bit claustrophobic (big word...wanted to see if I could spell it :))

Regards

Neal Howard.

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

You could look in the aircraft.cfg and see what default zoom has been specified for the cockpit views. You might be able to adjust that to suit your needs. Best Google the details though.

Stephen

I'd first try using Wideview=True in your CFG file, and see how that works for you.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Neal,

In your fsx.cfg make sure WideViewAspect=True is set in the [Display] section.   I believe your problem is one I had recently as well, changing WVA from false to true did the trick.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark H

MSFS (Steam) | Windows 11 |  ASUS Prime Z690-P |  i9 13900K @ 5.7GHz  | | RTX 4070TI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 | SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1TB | (2) LG 27GL83A-B 2K monitors | 750w Corsair PSU | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro 

In 20 yrs of simming, this has always been a highly debated and hot topic. I've yet to figure the optimum zoom. Real life aircraft make so much more sense! There can never be a correct answer just by pure physics.