Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Angel

Looking for some GA suggestions (other than A2A/Realair)

I have the A2A Piper Commanche, which I like a lot, but I am looking for something a bit less fiddly (and maybe a bit faster) as a starter for Air Hauler 2. Also have the Realair Legacy, but it's not exactly appropriate for hauling passengers or cargo.

Are there any other developers who produce quality single engine GA for P3D v3? I don't need A2A level fidelity, but would like to have a flight model that feels and acts right, with a nice looking virtual cockpit.

Edit: GTN 750 compatibility would be ideal, though I suppose I can live without it. I am also open to a twin, though my joystick setup isn't really twin friendly. I do know about the RealAir duke, and I am sure I will get that at some point)

I really like the f406 from carenado, especially if you have the GTN 750. And also if you aren't too anti-carenado...

Mario Di Lauro

Lionheart Kodiak, can be modded with a GTN 750 in the panel.  (P3D?)

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=52578&title=flight1-gtn-in-lionheart-kodiak

Ah, I forgot about that one. Been around forever, I think. I'll give it a look. Thanks!

I really like the f406 from carenado, especially if you have the GTN 750. And also if you aren't too anti-carenado...

What's the word on the street for the Carenado Shrike? I love the beat-up look of that.

Ah, I forgot about that one. Been around forever, I think. I'll give it a look. Thanks!

What's the word on the street for the Carenado Shrike? I love the beat-up look of that.

I'm afraid I don't have it. I'm partial to 8+ seaters!

Mario Di Lauro

Don't know about Air Hauler but I find the Milviz Baron B55 really nice and it has GTN 750 and weather radar built in - if you have them.

• Upvote 1

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

Hello

The Shrike is a beautiful airplane, IMO One of Carenados Best in terms of flying characteristics and handling,

it supports the GTN and if You ask Bert for his autopilot fix it is almost flawless.

The Kodiak is also a great asset, it has several models including cargo pod,  tundra tires and floats. Works FINE on P3D V3

Cheers.

If you are looking for a twin for charter work, check out the Flight 1 King Air B200. Everything works and it can be updated with navigraph.  With the Blackhawk conversion you can get 240 KIAS at sealevel and 310 KTAS at altitude. It has excellent hand flying characteristics and a good auto pilot. 

Greg

• Upvote 1

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

If you are looking for a twin for charter work, check out the Flight 1 King Air B200. Everything works and it can be updated with navigraph. With the Blackhawk conversion you can get 240 KIAS at sealevel and 310 KTAS at altitude. It has excellent hand flying characteristics and a good auto pilot.

Greg

But unfortunately not for P3D. Or did I miss something?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

The TBM 850 looks to be terrific also and would work for you.  I just got it and it seems to be the closest thing to a PC-12, but much more polished since it is newer, and with the giant MFD with the GTN 750 mod I just got from Bert I think this bird will be very active in my hanger!  I was also looking something for Air Hauler 2 that gives good views and is fast and this beauty (well beauty is in the 'eye of the beholder' as they say right) looks to fill that need.  Greg

I still really want the PC12. Can it be installed into P3dv3? And can it be made to mostly work?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Kevin

The Flight 1 King Air does use some system resources to power the G1000. It truly works for me. I get 20-22fps on the ground at Flight Beams KSFO with Orbx North California REX and Active Sky weather. I have a i7 4770K turbo to 4.3 Ghz, ASUS GTX 960 4Gbs. I normally get 25-35 fps everywhere else. Locked at 35 at altitude.

I have ihe PC-12 in PD3V3.35. It works fine. I am using the 1.8 overhaul from the forum. I have dual GTN 750 in the VC but it is in the 530 frames. You need to pop them up to work with them.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

My PC12 installed fine with the migration tool and seemed to all work fine.  The only negative (and why I think I'll fly the TBM now) is the GTN 750 had to be compressed in the space of the 530 which was too small a display for me.