Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Angel

Looking for some GA suggestions (other than A2A/Realair)

Kevin

The Flight 1 King Air does use some system resources to power the G1000. It truly works for me. I get 20-22fps on the ground at Flight Beams KSFO with Orbx North California REX and Active Sky weather. I have a i7 4770K turbo to 4.3 Ghz, ASUS GTX 960 4Gbs. I normally get 25-35 fps everywhere else. Locked at 35 at altitude.

I have ihe PC-12 in PD3V3.35. It works fine. I am using the 1.8 overhaul from the forum. I have dual GTN 750 in the VC but it is in the 530 frames. You need to pop them up to work with them.

Greg

Are most or all of the carenado bugs fixed with the 1.8 mods? Especially when it comes to the autopilot?

My PC12 installed fine with the migration tool and seemed to all work fine. The only negative (and why I think I'll fly the TBM now) is the GTN 750 had to be compressed in the space of the 530 which was too small a display for me.

Does it have to be installed with the migration tool?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Yes Kevin, it is a little hard on FPS and pretty expensive but still a great plane very complex indeed.

I know the OP was looking for suggestions apart from A2A and Realair but that's the only one I have.

I mentioned in another thread the Alabeo Piper Saratoga TC. It has GTN integration and can cruise at 150 kt +. Good visibility makes it a nice GA plane.

The toga is ok - sounds suck, flight model doesn't do well in xwind but other than that it's ok

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

So can anyone comment on how much the 1.8 mods for the PC12 fix the Carenado bugs?  Do the mods take care of most, if not all of them?

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

Kevin

I think the 1.8 mods fix most of the bugs in the PC-12. I have had no issues with the autopilot, however I do not use the IAS speed control so i do not know how that functions.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

The toga is ok - sounds suck, flight model doesn't do well in xwind but other than that it's ok

There is a great add-on sound pack.  That's what I use.

Thanks for everyone for their suggestions. I did settle on the Carenado Aero Commander for now, though there are several others in this thread that I've added to my wish list.

I really like the Aero Commander! It's got a ton of character.

I do enjoy the twin commander... one of their better aircraft for sure.  Check the Carenado forums here and you'll find a reasonable turbo charged mod if you want to go higher and a bit faster.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Personally the TBM (with the mods) is my favorite when i need to get somewhere, when I have the time i fly either the Alabeo 207 or the  Aztec, I have the GTN in the 207 and really enjoy  low and slow in that one.

Thanks for everyone for their suggestions. I did settle on the Carenado Aero Commander for now, though there are several others in this thread that I've added to my wish list.

I really like the Aero Commander! It's got a ton of character.

I agree, Yes it does have a lot of character. "The little Airliner".

Remember to ask Bert for his autopilot fix, and you'll be all set.

Enjoy.