Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

This might be the biz jet I've been waiting for

It's cancelled per their official forums.  My guess is that these other guys are going to be first-to-market so that's why Milviz decided to cancel.

Crap.  I now have this gut feeling that "the other guys" will deliver an empty pretty shell.  The Lear was to me the one business jet worth waiting for. :(

sig01.png

Their add looks a lot like a Carenado add. Flashy but attractive.

Just what FSX/P3D needs, more eye candy addons with no systems, lots of bugs that never get fixed, and the quality developers staying away because they'd sell less trying to compete.

Hold on guys we haven't even seen the finished product yet. I'm cautiously optimistic too though.

Every set of shots for add-ons from a dev is an ad - isn't that the point?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Just what FSX/P3D needs, more eye candy addons with no systems,

Really, no systems ?

"PL21 system complete with FMS, manual route entry, Sids/Stars LNAV/VNAV etc."

Just what FSX/P3D needs, more eye candy addons with no systems, lots of bugs that never get fixed, and the quality developers staying away because they'd sell less trying to compete.

Do you not think you're jumping the gun a bit there? Carenado are not producing it.

Cheers

Steve Hall

Pessimistic much? They've listed a few of the systems in the link I posted. A bit early to start judging, no?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

For now it's the Carenado Hawker with Bert's amazing GTN mod that I use...  a native Lear with PL21 glass ... DROOOOOOOOOOOL

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

We do appreciate the kudos (and trust!).

I agree with him your 737 is a work of art and the FPS it gets is amazing,in p3dv3 I'm usually at 60fps in the 737 at payware airports. I don't know what yal did with that thing but just wow!

We need a good looking Lear though the only one we have now is Lionheart's flysimware might have systems depth but in the VC it isn't the prettiest girl in town. Systems are great but visuals are what makes immersion otherwise we'd all still be flying fs2000. I'm also interested in the Lear 25 that is comming out soon.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I'm also interested in the Lear 25 that is comming out soon.

Which one?  I know there is a LJ35 WIP over at FSDeveloper...  seems to have slowed down I guess though.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Really, no systems ?

"PL21 system complete with FMS, manual route entry, Sids/Stars LNAV/VNAV etc."

Have you ever read a Carenado product page before?

I agree with him your 737 is a work of art and the FPS it gets is amazing,in p3dv3 I'm usually at 60fps in the 737 at payware airports. I don't know what yal did with that thing but just wow!

We need a good looking Lear though the only one we have now is Lionheart's flysimware might have systems depth but in the VC it isn't the prettiest girl in town. Systems are great but visuals are what makes immersion otherwise we'd all still be flying fs2000. I'm also interested in the Lear 25 that is comming out soon.

If all you care about is looks then enjoy the Carenado line. There's a reason people keep jumping to every release because the last one they did full of bugs isn't enough to enjoy for more than a month.

Hold on guys we haven't even seen the finished product yet. I'm cautiously optimistic too though.

Every set of shots for add-ons from a dev is an ad - isn't that the point?

You're optimistic but they couldn't even say the name of the developer making it?

• Upvote 1

Maybe the developer asked D'Andre to not share their credentials... we don't know the full story.  I'm speculating we'll know more soon.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Maybe the developer asked D'Andre to not share their credentials... we don't know the full story.  I'm speculating we'll know more soon.

I am speculating too! But if a group doesn't say their name, that is not a good sign. And they didn't bother telling MilViz about their development of a Lear, that is too bad.

But if a group doesn't say their name, that is not a good sign.

Why is it a bad sign? Suppose they are brand new to FS design. All developers were new at some point. Just because they aren't disclosing their name yet doesn't mean that it's bad.

And they didn't bother telling MilViz about their development of a Lear, that is too bad.

Why should they? Maybe they didn't know Milviz was doing one, or just maybe they wanted to be first to market with that type? Again, nothing wrong with that, it's a free market.

Good grief, your on a pessimism roll today. I hope you don't buy it that way you can't find something wrong with it to complain about.

• Upvote 3

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Why is it a bad sign? Suppose they are brand new to FS design. All developers were new at some point. Just because they aren't disclosing their name yet doesn't mean that it's bad.

Why should they? Maybe they didn't know Milviz was doing one, or just maybe they wanted to be first to market with that type? Again, nothing wrong with that, it's a free market.

Good grief, your on a pessimism roll today. I hope you don't buy it that way you can't find something wrong with it to complain about.

You don't get it. Milviz just cancelled their Lear project because this team just came from nowhere. That's bad if you are trying to make goodwill in this community.

All that hard work is wasted, and all you can do is complain that I'm pessimistic because this super secret group couldn't bother to name themselves and give their background or be open in the developer world. If I didn't know better, you are just hyping them up and giving them advertising. You already tell us it could be the airplane everyone is waiting for! But then, you change your mind and today, you admit to not having any information to make such claims. That's funny.