Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

This might be the biz jet I've been waiting for

You don't get it. Milviz just cancelled their Lear project because this team just came from nowhere. That's bad if you are trying to make goodwill in this community.

All that hard work is wasted,...

I don't understand this view.

Milviz had several products in their development pipeline (KA,P180,LJ60,C130, Heli ?)

Are all the other developers supposed to say oh shoot Milviz has dibs on all those addons , we can't do any of them ?

If you were a 3rd party dev and you wanted to do any of those products, wouldn't you look at how long that KA has taken and say. Oh wait, they could be a while we might be able to get ours to market first ?

They're all taking a risk that another dev might take on a project they've started.

ESDG did a Citation 10, it didn't stop FeelThere from doing their own. Level D announced their 757, it didn't stop CS, and QW from doing their own. iFly announced their 737NG, it didn't stop PMDG from doing theirs. AirSimmer did and Airbus, it didn't stop Aerosoft, or FSLabs from doing theirs.

If you announce it, based on your development history you could encourage someone to do lesser detailed version to market before yours is released. Or cause another dev to hold back and delay theirs. If you don't announce it, you could be working on it at the same time as another dev and not even know it for several months if not years.

Its a decision all devs grapple with, when to make that announcement. How often do we update ? , or do we say anything at all, etc etc.

Just because a developer announces a work in progress doesn't mean they will actually complete it. There's tons of evidence of this around.

Should a developer wait for years only to find out that dev who announced their product still hasn't completed it yet ?

Its a calculated risk on both sides. That's the business we're in.

• Upvote 6

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I hope both Lear 60's get made, very cool plane. I know the community is super-divided on this, but the fsw Lear 35 is such a great under-rated product, I find the vc to be more function than form. It's not the best texture-wise inside, but its not bad either! As an overall package it's an outstanding plane, dont miss out, it's the best Lear going at the moment!

Which one?  I know there is a LJ35 WIP over at FSDeveloper...  seems to have slowed down I guess though.  

Xtreme Prototypes. It's a V2 of their Learjet

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

You don't get it. Milviz just cancelled their Lear project because this team just came from nowhere. That's bad if you are trying to make goodwill in this community.

Read Ernie's post for a view of where I'm coming from.

Like I said, maybe they've been working on this for a long time prior to Milviz or didn't know Milviz was also doing one.

No one has a right to say we're doing a certain plane or scenery and no one else can do it. Look how many developers do the same airports or sceneries. It was Milvizs idea to cancel theirs. Maybe they will end up doing theirs if this one ends up not being that good.

All that hard work is wasted, and all you can do is complain that I'm pessimistic because this super secret group couldn't bother to name themselves and give their background or be open in the developer world. If I didn't know better, you are just hyping them up and giving them advertising. You already tell us it could be the airplane everyone is waiting for! But then, you change your mind and today, you admit to not having any information to make such claims. That's funny.

I'm not complaining that your pessimistic, I'm stating that your being pessimistic which you are. Your putting down a developer that you know nothing about and a product that you know nothing more than what ADX posted.

Also, I didn't say that this could be the airplane EVERYONE is waiting for. Read the title of my thread again. It says the biz jet I'VE been waiting for.

No, I'm not hyping anything. Just posted this so that other people who don't read ADX could be aware.

They way you come across you'd think you were working for Milviz or building this plane as well.

Side note:

By your logic if a developer comes out and says were producing LAX, SFO, JFK, ORD, and MCO, stay tuned. Does this mean that no other developer now has the rights to make these airports? Of course not. Same here.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Xtreme Prototypes. It's a V2 of their Learjet

Hmmm  I have v1 - never fly it.  I see they sort of have an area for 3rd party gauges.  I suppose we could put a 2d bitmap of the GTN in there.  Cockpit looks a little better, mostly new modelling (looks good wonder if Chuck J did it?).  They're asking 40 bucks....  A little steep but we'll see how the systems is.

It's funny, no good lears, then everyone is doing a Lear.  Flight1 is doing one, I believe it was the one over at FSDeveloper forums but now I'm not so sure.  Xtreme LJ25, this unknown Lear 60.  Flysimware did a 35, Lionheart did a 24 as well.  LOL.  It's like when there were no good king airs everyone did a king air and then some.

edit:  The price seems on - if the systems work like the web site says.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's funny, no good lears, then everyone is doing a Lear.  

Yes, but too bad nobody makes a Gulfstream :wub: ! Anyway this Lear 60 XR looks gorgeous!

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Yeah unfortunately General Dynamics says no to a flightsim version

There is an amazing global jet in progress for XP10 though. We could use a Bombardier global for p3d

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Looks great, can never have too many business jets IMHO. Really looking forward to the Citation XLS though, that looks great and should (hopefully) be out this year.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Flight1 is doing a Lear?  I guess I missed that.  The one I really, really want is the upcoming (in a while) Challenger from Eaglesoft.

sig01.png

I'll 2nd the Flysimware Lear 35, excellent gem that I didn't even know about until I saw it listed in FSFXPackage's immersion.  But same again for Milviz C310, B55, and 737-200 ... didn't know they existed until recently (within the past couple of months) ... more gems.  

The Lear 35 does have a built in support for GTN and REX/Milviz WX radar ... another plus.

I think some of these 3rd party devs need to spend a little more time getting "word out" about their labors of love.

Cheers, Rob.

If Milviz cancels the Learjet 60, I am sure there are other biz jets that utilize the Proline Avionics like the Challenger 300. I guess time will tell but I am hopeful that they will continue the development.

y572_3.jpgC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Marlon Carter - AVSIM Reviewer

Really looking forward to the Citation XLS though, that looks great and should (hopefully) be out this year.

Our thanks G. We think you mean the 560 XLS+ :wink:

The one I really, really want is the upcoming (in a while) Challenger from Eaglesoft.

Yes sir Max, the Challenger 605 is a sweet aircraft. Likely a 2017 release though given our workload.. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Flysimware Lear 35 with the gtn750 and MilViz radar is great.

I also really enjoy the eaglesoft citationX.....the level of system development makes it really interesting and satisfying to fly. I recently picked up a complete flightsafety training manual set for it. I'm fine with the graphics. Looking forward to the new eaglesoft aircraft when they are released.

Good times ahead for business aircraft.

Dave

I don't understand this view.

Milviz had several products in their development pipeline (KA,P180,LJ60,C130, Heli ?)

Are all the other developers supposed to say oh shoot Milviz has dibs on all those addons , we can't do any of them ?

If you were a 3rd party dev and you wanted to do any of those products, wouldn't you look at how long that KA has taken and say. Oh wait, they could be a while we might be able to get ours to market first ?

They're all taking a risk that another dev might take on a project they've started.

ESDG did a Citation 10, it didn't stop FeelThere from doing their own. Level D announced their 757, it didn't stop CS, and QW from doing their own. iFly announced their 737NG, it didn't stop PMDG from doing theirs. AirSimmer did and Airbus, it didn't stop Aerosoft, or FSLabs from doing theirs.

If you announce it, based on your development history you could encourage someone to do lesser detailed version to market before yours is released. Or cause another dev to hold back and delay theirs. If you don't announce it, you could be working on it at the same time as another dev and not even know it for several months if not years.

Its a decision all devs grapple with, when to make that announcement. How often do we update ? , or do we say anything at all, etc etc.

Just because a developer announces a work in progress doesn't mean they will actually complete it. There's tons of evidence of this around.

Should a developer wait for years only to find out that dev who announced their product still hasn't completed it yet ?

Its a calculated risk on both sides. That's the business we're in.

I didn't say they had dibs, I said it's nice if developers are open and share in their developer community so other devs do not go around making the same products that end up competing and everyone loses sales. If Milviz didn't care about competing on the Lear they wouldn't have quickly announced to cancel.

I didn't say they had dibs, I said it's nice if developers are open and share in their developer community so other devs do not go around making the same products that end up competing and everyone loses sales.

So you are suggesting a developer to share their details on their upcoming project so other devs don't make the same competing product ?

Sounds an awful lot like dibs to me. Perhaps you can explain the difference ?

If Milviz didn't care about competing on the Lear they wouldn't have quickly announced to cancel.

As myself (and Jim) have cited many examples where an announcement of a competing product did not result in a cancellation of the other. Like i said before there are risks on both sides, its the developers call either way.

But isn't it better for the community to have a choice between 2 (or more) addons from different developers ? The two products likely will have different features and options and be at different price points.

I mean if you want a good 737NG, but don't want to spend $70. Shouldn't you have the option to go with a cheaper version with less features if for example systems aren't so important to you ?

Or if the reverse is true. Why shouldn't PMDG go ahead with their version of the same aircraft, even though some other developer already announced theirs ? There are quite a few people that have no problem paying a premium price for the higher level systems simulations.

Why should everyone have to settle for the one choice ?

• Upvote 1

ea_avsim_sig.jpg