Sign in to follow this  
cmpbellsjc

This might be the biz jet I've been waiting for

Why should everyone have to settle for the one choice ?

Exactly - choices are a good thing   :wink:

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Be a true addict, buy all the choices ... it removes the choice and hence less stress ... less stress = longer life ... that's my choice. :)

Cheers, Rob.

Be a true addict, buy all the choices ... it removes the choice and hence less stress ... less stress = longer life ... that's my choice. :)

Cheers, Rob.

My wife adopted this philosophy a long time ago, and while her stress has been dramatically reduced, mine hasn't...

Matt King

Cheers, Rob.

I don't have a high paying job any more. I can't even afford to move to P3D. I'll live through your youtube videos. Unless you'd like to donate to me!

I don't have a high paying job any more.

You need to find a sugar daddy or sugar lady ... whatever your preference.  But seriously, I understand where people are coming from on the single choice ... I spent many years eating Top Ramen as my only financial choice and working a job I didn't enjoy at all ... pretty much hated waking up and going to work ... but that's also what drove/inspired me to make changes.

Cheers, Rob.

You need to find a sugar daddy or sugar lady ... whatever your preference.  But seriously, I understand where people are coming from on the single choice ... I spent many years eating Top Ramen as my only financial choice and working a job I didn't enjoy at all ... pretty much hated waking up and going to work ... but that's also what drove/inspired me to make changes.

Cheers, Rob.

I have a lot of aircraft I've bought that I never fly because of bugs, or lack of features. I am really picky these days. I have enough scenery to enjoy fsx, but had to stop using AI to not hit vas limits. The camera drifting bug that's fixed in p3d is really annoying me too. But one day I'll upgrade. Maybe PMDG releases the 747 for p3d at a reasonable price.

Which one? I know there is a LJ35 WIP over at FSDeveloper... seems to have slowed down I guess though.

Xtream Protypes they are making a V2 of their lear 25

Hmmm I have v1 - never fly it. I see they sort of have an area for 3rd party gauges. I suppose we could put a 2d bitmap of the GTN in there. Cockpit looks a little better, mostly new modelling (looks good wonder if Chuck J did it?). They're asking 40 bucks.... A little steep but we'll see how the systems is.

It's funny, no good lears, then everyone is doing a Lear. Flight1 is doing one, I believe it was the one over at FSDeveloper forums but now I'm not so sure. Xtreme LJ25, this unknown Lear 60. Flysimware did a 35, Lionheart did a 24 as well. LOL. It's like when there were no good king airs everyone did a king air and then some.

edit: The price seems on - if the systems work like the web site says.

I don't think V2 is released yet.

Have you ever read a Carenado product page before?

If all you care about is looks then enjoy the Carenado line. There's a reason people keep jumping to every release because the last one they did full of bugs isn't enough to enjoy for more than a month.

You're optimistic but they couldn't even say the name of the developer making it?

My point is good systems depth without good visuals is pointless,take the Level D 767 for instance. It has amazing systems but the visuals are poor and kill immersion. You have to have a ballance of both. As for Carendo most of the switches in the cockpit work so you can still run though proper flows even if there is no systems behind them. I love systems depths but good graphics come first

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

My point is good systems depth without good visuals is pointless,take the Level D 767 for instance. It has amazing systems but the visuals are poor and kill immersion. You have to have a ballance of both. As for Carendo most of the switches in the cockpit work so you can still run though proper flows even if there is no systems behind them. I love systems depths but good graphics come first

Everybody has is own opinion about what prevails, good systems or good visuals! But why on earth could we not get a bizjet with both? In a "PMDG" style. 

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Everybody has is own opinion about what prevails, good systems or good visuals! But why on earth could we not get a bizjet with both? In a "PMDG" style. 

Biz jets typically don't sell like Airliners do, and they can't be priced to the PMDG level.  They aren't planes most of us will fly on. They aren't planes most people see at their airport.  They aren't flown by your favorite airline. They don't have your favorite airlines paint schemes on them.

One would be very hard pressed to be able to sell a biz jet addon for $90 like PMDG.  So a dev would have to be willing to put in the approx 2-3 years or so development time for a significantly lower return then they would get with a Airliner addon. 

The people who prefer the ''PMDG' style' should understand they represent the minorty or the market, not the majority.

Its like any market, the premium customer is only going represent a fraction of of the market.  Only a limited number of companies can be like Ferrari and Rolls Royce. The rest need to be like Ford, and Toyota to survive.

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

There's definitely room for one or two PMDG quality at least. My favourite especially where systems and fms are considered is the Eaglesoft C-X. Even though it's been around for awhile it's still the top of the food chain for me. I'm very much looking forward to V3.0. Closely following are the flightsimware Lear 35 with gtn750 & the Mustang with the G1000. The extreme Lear 20 series should be pretty good when it arrives.

We've got a pretty good selection of bizjets and turboprops now with some more to come. A nice thing is you can fly them in and out of the ORBX airports.

Dave

I have a lot of aircraft I've bought that I never fly because of bugs, or lack of features. I am really picky these days. I have enough scenery to enjoy fsx, but had to stop using AI to not hit vas limits. The camera drifting bug that's fixed in p3d is really annoying me too. But one day I'll upgrade. Maybe PMDG releases the 747 for p3d at a reasonable price.

I have an lot as well, bugs, lack of features, lack of quality or even I just don't like them very much (for some reason I feel that way about the Mustang). Normally end up flying the CX or NGX, both of which I enjoy....

.... that really would be ideal. The be great if PMDG did a small business jet - or frankly, even the BBJ add-on that they said they were going to do - until then I will have to live with a repaint and (much) less range. I do wonder how many CXv2 ESDG have sold, since it seems to be the most recommended of the business jets....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Xtream Protypes they are making a V2 of their lear 25

I don't think V2 is released yet.

The only thing stopping me for still flying the LevelD 767 is the fact that I cannot use the FMC in the virtual cockpit. I do not care about ageing visuals since the aircraft has accurate systems. It is easier to lose interest in an airplane because it has nothing to it with no system modeling than not like an airplane because the graphics are not as good as they could be. I see a lot of people flying the Lear 35 even though the cockpit graphics are not the best. It has great system modeling and sounds. The graphics are just a small part of the joys of flying.

Now back to this topic I am tired of debating this. Has anyone found out the developer yet?

As I suspected and was worried about... this is a Carenado aircraft. They are showing off their pro-line avionics on youtube.

Hope not, if it is then it certainly won't be the business jet we have all been waiting for!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron