Sign in to follow this  
clayton4115

Voice Attack

Has anyone see this software, good alternative to pressing mouse buttons to control your 737, however there is one fsx profile but nothing for pmdg 737, it would be good to get a profile for the pmdg737 and use your voice to control the aircraft.

http://www.voiceattack.com/howto.aspx

https://forums.vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8304

Clayton

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Never tried this stuff but it looks pretty generic, for use with all programs.

The two voice recognition programs I've used with the ngx are Multi Crew Experience and FS2Crew. They both work really well and are designed for use with flight sims, so they understand aviation-specific words and acronyms. I liked FS2Crew but found it too scripted and limited for my tastes; MCE is much more versatile and your Pilot Monitoring will literally do anything you ask him regardless of phase of flight, though he'll ask for confirmation first if it doesn't make sense. MCE can be customized any way you want; I've been able to replicate my company's normal and some non-normal checklists and procedures exactly. It's really cool... but that's just my opinion, they're both good.

Andrew Crowley

Andrew

does MCE work well with PMDG 737 also can you call out altitude and will it climb to that altitude? I.e climb to 15,000 feet and the 737 will climb to 15,000 and you can see the change of the altitude happening on the MCP ?

Andrew

does MCE work well with PMDG 737 also can you call out altitude and will it climb to that altitude? I.e climb to 15,000 feet and the 737 will climb to 15,000 and you can see the change of the altitude happening on the MCP ?

Yes MCE works very well with PMDG models. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

ok what about if i just want to take off and fly some where and not bother about programming a flight plan into the fmc, just say i take off somewhere will it also take care of the altitude / speed etc for me if i give it instructions? 

ok what about if i just want to take off and fly some where and not bother about programming a flight plan into the fmc, just say i take off somewhere will it also take care of the altitude / speed etc for me if i give it instruction

You have to at least program the PERF page (Weight CG)so the computers know the planes configuration, then you can control the Autopilot via MCE, Heading for lateral control, V-Speed or FLCH for Vertical. and Speed mode with the A/T.

Tom Cain

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

ok what about if i just want to take off and fly some where and not bother about programming a flight plan into the fmc, just say i take off somewhere will it also take care of the altitude / speed etc for me if i give it instructions?

Yeah it will. I'm definitely not the authority on this program, I've only been messing with it for a bit, but this is specifically what I like about MCE vs FA2crew: MCE just functions, all the time, the same way. With FS2Crew, you either have to stick to the script or use the program's interface to tell it which phase of flight you're in, because it will only do certain things at certain times. Now MCE can definitely do a lot more for you if you program the FMC, but if you just want to go fly and command MCP changes - heading, altitude, autopilot etc - it'll do that no problem.

The one thing is that MCE is kinda pricey. I'm not at all saying it's over-priced for what it does, because it has a LOT of capabilities (customizing/creating your own flows, checklists etc), but it may be over-priced for someone who won't use all that and just wants basic MCP control. Your call on that.

Andrew Crowley

yeah thanks for the info, i have tried out the demo on the default 737 and it works really well, just say altitude 10,000 and the co pilot with adjust the mcp for 10,000 and many others, will def look into this when I get my oculus rift and computer up and running on the weekend, as in the virtual world you cannot see your keyboard or joystick.

I get my oculus rift and computer up and running on the weekend, as in the virtual world you cannot see your keyboard or joystick.

If you have a chance, let us know how this turns out.

yes, definitely will, just received the computer and installing fsx se right this minute so in a few hours will have my first impressions ! 

oh my GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

this is amazing, my first experience is sitting in the PMDG 737 captains seat and it is exactly as the real thing! squashy and everything like in your face, my eyes have started to tear! I am telling you I cannot believe how real this thing looks like, thanks Dan!!!!

OK you can see that the clarity is not 100% sharp but you can easily see the mcp etc, but the awesomeness of this thing you do not worry about the fuzziness !!!!!

It is like a dream come true I would never have imagined from starting my flight sim career way back when i picked up fs98 and got hooked i would image we would get to this stage, simply mind blowing !!!!