Sign in to follow this  
vcarlo

Question for UTX (USA/Canada/Tropics) and FTX OpenLC USAOwners

Hello.  I would ask this question at ORBX forum, but currently unable as site is  down at this time.

I intend to purchase the FTX Open LC NA and will be keeping my UTX USA and Tropics installed as I prefer this over the ORBX Vector application.  For any new owners of the FTX Open LC NA released today, are there any instructions (owners manual) regarding conflicts between UTX landclass and the new FTX product.?

I think the solution may be to just launch the UTX configurator and UNCHECK all LANDCLASS entries, but was hoping to receive some confirmation.

Thanks for your assistance  :smile:

WAT1460.png

Hello

I also want to keep UTX

Just finished downloading OpenLC NA. Will install and report back later today.

Hello

I also want to keep UTX

Just finished downloading OpenLC NA. Will install and report back later today.

Thanks Ramon... I'm gonna wait a day or two on purchase 

WAT1460.png

My understanding is that you would want to uncheck the landclass features in the UTX setup tool (maybe leave the waterclass layer).  I'm wondering about the 'Other Terrain Features' such as golf courses, parks, beaches, etc and whether they should be turned off as well.  I guess it will take some experimenting...which I will not be doing anytime soon as I am unable to download!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

I'm trying different UTX settings now. So far it seems to work, albeit with some discrepancies.

TIST looks fine.

Any further development on this issue? I'm downloading now and would love recommendations on what to turn on and and off with UTX. My free time is minimal right now so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

The only thing I did to solve some texture morphing in NA and Canada is to deactivate the UTX custom landclass in the UTX setup panel for both products and move the OLC above UTX products. Everything looks great now with no dicrepancies...at least in some places that I visited.

I deactivated only some landclass features in UTC Tropical America. (left water class active)

I didn't move any UTX entries, they are above all ORBX stuff.

Tested my payware airports in the Caribbean. TAPA, TNCM, TNCA, TNCC, TFFF, MDPC, Grenadines, Providenciales, etc. and all seem to blend just fine. (Probably because UTX is above OLC)

I need to test in Mexico, also lights and other settings, but have no time ATM.

Note: Using P3D v3

Cheers.

Any further development on this issue? I'm downloading now and would love recommendations on what to turn on and and off with UTX. My free time is minimal right now so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

Un-check everything UTX...install Orbx Vector 1.30  upgrade to 1.35, then 1.40.  You are done...

seamless and beautiful...

Un-check everything UTX...install Orbx Vector 1.30  upgrade to 1.35, then 1.40.  You are done...

Thanks Mitch  :smile:   Did you see my question about your water textures ??

"Mitch,

Can you please advise the water textures you have chosen for this set of pics ? They have the proper shades and colors I seek. :smile:"

WAT1460.png

I agree with Mitch.  I did what he just said and it is beautiful!

Un-check everything UTX...install Orbx Vector 1.30 upgrade to 1.35, then 1.40. You are done...

FTX Vector is great, unless you happen to be flying somewhere in Canada that you know very well. I can't speak for the US, nor anywhere else that Vector covers, but the road network in Canada in FTX Vector is very, very poor, at least anywhere I happen to be familiar with. I've posted about missing roads in the FTX forums in the past and haven't ever gotten a reply.

On the other hand, UTX Canada v2 has a superb road network. The OpenLC lights match very nicely, as well.

I've spent a good amount of time last night and tonight testing and merging. I've had pretty good luck using Global + OpenLC + UTX Canada V2. I disabled all UTX entries except for Streams, Water, Railroads, Roads. All UTX entries are below all FTX OpenLC entries. And all FTX Vector entries ended up disabled.

All in all, very pleased with OpenLC.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

"Mitch,

Can you please advise the water textures you have chosen for this set of pics ? They have the proper shades and colors I seek. :smile:"

Set 5-Medium Clear Coral---- from REX 4 Direct will give you the color I show...

Set 5-Medium Clear Coral---- from REX 4 Direct will give you the color I show...

Thanks a lot  :wink:

WAT1460.png

"Mitch,

Hi Vince, answered you in PM. :)