Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Ariane BBJ external lights not functioning

Ok guys...I'm beat down. Without going into great detail about why I spent 90 bucks on this airplane, or how I have sent numerous emails requesting support from them either to be ignored from both email addresses or to be repeatedly refferred to their so-called support website......I CANNOT get the external lights to work. I have installed this aircraft three times according to their instructions. This didn't fix it. I also downloaded Arianes BBJ Lights fix which was supposed to fix the light FX files that may not have compacted properly on the original zip file...that hasn't worked. I am not getting ANY support from them at all. I know, I know, I should have researched them more before I spent the money, but ya know...I had pretty good luck with them in the past when I bought their first Analogue cockpit and then a year later, thier TCASII cockpit. Anyway, ALL I WANT IS TO GET THE LIGHTS WORKING. Is thier ANYONE listening who has had this same problem OR can help me? PLEEZ!!! I need to justify the expense. :+'

Bruce Leehan

Hello there, I have the rollout, not the BBJ by Ariane. They can take a few days to respond to E-mails, but they have always gotten back to me. One word of advice to save you any ag... I got alittle nasty last year with them over a problem I had with thier ecommerce partner, and the guys at Ariane don't seem to like the nasties. I am sure you didn't, but just wanted to give you heads up. You get alot more from them using honey and counting to 10 first. I am only saying this as I see your frustration, as I had last year. Just let them know that you are having difficulties still, and I am sure they will help you. Hopefully,as you mention here, someone may have the BBJ with the same issue, as you are hoping to solve this problem sooner. I wish I could help you, but the roll out 737-700NG didn't have the issue you have. Hang in there, I am sure they will help you. Don't feel bad, I have just gotten the Dreamliner upgrade V2. This puts me at almost $150.00 and now I am having all sorts of problems. The feeling of spending so much money, and having problems is the worst.I have prepared a three page E-mail for them. I am sending it in the next couple of days. I am sure they will love me for that. Best regards, Jeff

Guest espaeth

>Ok guys...I'm beat down. Without going into great detail>about why I spent 90 bucks on this airplane, or how I have>sent numerous emails requesting support from them either to be>ignored from both email addresses or to be repeatedly>refferred to their so-called support website......I CANNOT get>the external lights to work. I have installed this aircraftHey -- I had the same problem, they e-mailed me an effects file that contained 737_landing_light.fx and a bunch of other files. That didn't fix my problem immeidately, but those files *were* missing. Try this:Go into "Select a flight" and pick one of the pre-canned Microsoft flights like "Modern: Cargo". Once the flight loads and you are at a default plane that is already powered up with engines running, then switch to the Ariane BBJ. Once you run through the power-up sequence do your external lights work? (If this fixes your problem, I can point you to the detail on the solution)Also, you should confirm the following files are in your "Flight Simulator 9/Effects" directory:737_landing_light.fx737_logo_light.fx737_taxi_light.fxariane_737ng_c_light.fxariane_737ng_cbay_light.fxariane_737ng_position_light.fxariane_737ng_vc_display_light.fxariane_737ng_vc_display_white_light.fxariane_737ng_vc_dome_light.fxariane_clight.fxariane_contrail.fxHopefully you have better luck than I did. I shelled out my $$ for the plane, went through all the work to get the lights to work, and then had problems where programming the FMC would crash the sim. In my case the LDS767 and the PMDG737/747 work fine on my system, so I gave up on the BBJ and just wrote the $$ off as a learning experience.Eric

Oh DUDE!!! I loaded up Modern Cargo and switched aircraft then the lights worked!!! Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks very much!!!

Bruce Leehan

Guest espaeth

>Oh DUDE!!! I loaded up Modern Cargo and switched aircraft>then the lights worked!!! Can you please point me in the right>direction? Thanks very much!!!OK, so I'm guessing that you're like me and you've modified your default flight to have your planes start up cold and dark. When you go to the "Create a flight" section in FS, it is working off this flight file: "Flight Simulator 9/Flights/other/fltsim.flt" You need to find the following section in that file:[systems]BatterySwitch=FalseIf you remove the "BatterySwitch" line, or change it to "True" then the Ariane BBJ exterior lights will work. For some reason this plane doesn't like the battery switch to be off when it loads up.Hope this helps,Eric

You are THE man!!!! Thanks sooo much!!! I have been P_SSED OFF about htis for a couple of months. Have a good one!!! Thanks again!!

Bruce Leehan

Shortly after my original post, I was contacted by Ariane Support, who politely notified me that server problems delayed their support emails. In hindsight, I over reacted, and I was wrong. Since yesterday, Ariane Support has been very attentive in wanting to help me resolve my problem. I apologize to them and I regret any damage I my have caused them. Respectfully, Bruce Leehan

Bruce Leehan