Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Texture.cfg Type values

When adding entry of an add-on scenery manually, which value do I put in Type? Global or World?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dirk can you expand on that a little?   Are you setting up a path= in your scenery.cfg 

Dirk, the LM SDK documentation includes the texture.cfg values, which is your subject of this thread.  Then you ask about the scenery.cfg so we're not sure what the question is yet.

Adding scenery manually is easily done with the free Scenery Config Editor, current version is v1.1.7 which is v3 compatible.  Normally, the only entries needed for a new scenery is a unique title and the path to the folder, and the priority.

Dan Downs KCRP

Sorry, didn't make myself clear, I meant manual editing of texture.cfg file when needed for some sceneries in p3dv3. Question stays the same: Global or World values for an addon airport?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I've never found a need to modify the texture.cfg file, especially for adding airports which always go in the scenery.cfg file. Each airport has a main folder with one scenery and one texture folder below it. There's never a need to add to the default containers in texture.cfg that I am aware of.

I found a post in the LM P3D forum dated 2015 asking exactly same thing but it was never answered.  I've looked throughout the SDK and it never mentions texture.cfg that I can find.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dirk you have me intrigued now,  What are you Installing? 

Dirk you have me intrigued now,  What are you Installing? 

When installing Approaching Insbruck (FSX) in P3Dv3.3.5 outside of Prepar3D v3 folder the installer drops 4 textures in "root" Texture folder, so one needs to reference them in texture.cfg. Unfortunately I could not find any info on the Global/World switches used in P3D's texture.cfg file, so I just used Type=Global.

Thanks,

Dirk.