Sign in to follow this  
JPR

Problem with the VOR/LOC/GS Intrument on the First Officer's Flight Intruments Panel

Hello,

I'm on the ground on LFBD Airport in France.
I switch both the NAV 1 and NAV 2 on the VOR frequency of SAU ( 116.8 MHz )
I'm in range of the SAU VOR.

669798Radioset.jpg

-----

On the Captain's Flight Instruments Panel :
I select the direct radial TO inbound the SAU VOR on the Garmin VOR/LOC/GS Indicator : radial 112° TO
The needle of the VOR Indicator 1 & 2 and the direct radial TO on the Garmin VOR/LOC/GS Indicator are coherent and needle centered : 112° for the both (all is OK)

167337PilotOK.jpg

--------------------------------------

On the First Officer's Panel Instruments, this is not the case :
The needle of the VOR Indicator 1 & 2 indicate 112° (that's OK)
The direct radial TO on the Garmin VOR/LOC/GS Indicator is now 053° (this is wrong)

116717Copi2.jpg

If I turn the knob to the radial 112°, the needle of Garmin is not centered as it should (this is wrong)

986051Copi1.jpg

=> Where is the problem ?

-----
Jean-Pierre RIchaume

*** Jean-Pierre *** (french user)

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

In addition, in the previous example, I am at 25.7 Nm from the SAU VOR, QDM 112°

-----

Jean-Pierre Richaume

X-Plane v12.0.9-rc5 - Windows 10 Pro // Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth dual screens ; RAM : 32 Go DDR4 @ 3200 MHz ; CPU: I9-10980HK @ 5.3 GHz ; GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super - VRAM 8 Go  ; 1 disk SSD : 2 To // Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + Saitek Throttle Quadrant + rudder pedals MFG Crosswing // TrackIR_5

Jean, I recommend you put this information in a trouble ticket at PMDG Product Support. This post in a user forum may be noticed by the DC-6 guys, but the ticket will ensure the problem is documented. Once the problem is validated it goes into a bug tracking system so it doesn't get lost.

PMDG Product Support is here: http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Dan Downs KCRP

Ticket sent to the PMDG Product Support.

Thank's Dan for the method :smile:

Have you noticed the same problems on your PMDG DC-6 ?

-----

Jean-Pierre Richaume

Have you noticed the same problems on your PMDG DC-6 ?

I am embarrassed to admit I didn't check right side gauges during beta; however, I do see the same problem. Fired up XPL with DC-6 at KIAH and dialed IAH into both Navs and right side is about 40 deg different from course on captain's side.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello Dan :smile:

Thank you, you also confirm this problem.

With the open ticket, the PMDG Support will correct this problem. It will probably be fixed in the next update ...

-----

Jean-Pierre Richaume (from France)