Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

Whats-New-in-Windows-10s-Anniversary-Update

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Thanks for that, Julian. Guess, I will not be going anywhere near the Anniversary Update, specially after being alerted to that sneaky ' News PC Will Include More Adverts in the Start Menu'. I knew that they were not giving away Windows 10 for free without some payback. Now we know what it is.

specially after being alerted to that sneaky ' News PC Will Include More Adverts in the Start Menu'. I knew that they were not giving away Windows 10 for free without some payback. Now we know what it is.

You do realise you can turn that stuff off don't you ?

My start menu has no adverts, just much more functionality than I had in Win7

Thanks for that, Julian. Guess, I will not be going anywhere near the Anniversary Update, specially after being alerted to that sneaky ' News PC Will Include More Adverts in the Start Menu'. I knew that they were not giving away Windows 10 for free without some payback. Now we know what it is.

Hi Rick, as Glynn said you can turn it off. I have all the bloatware turned off at the moment, including windows defender. Most geek sites tell you how to do it. I have had a good run with W10, and personally would not go back to 7.

I don't have to worry about Cortana, as M$ made it not available for window users who''s home address is close to the south pole lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yes, Julian, and Glynn, I do know about this, as it is at the moment, but I am referring to how it will look AFTER the Anniversary Update which has yet to take place.

You're lucky, Julian, re:Cortana.

I look forward to this major update for Windows 10 since I've had a flawless run with the OS so far. The most awaited feature, personally, is dark mode which will really help my tired eyes. I only wish they bring the same to Skype for Windows as the Mac variant allows skinning which makes its use very user friendly.

You do realise you can turn that stuff off don't you ?

My start menu has no adverts, just much more functionality than I had in Win7

Yep..same here, have it all shut down. My app blocks click on's, are still and inert.

Those that have under Settings/Windows Update/Advanced Features;

the box titled; Defer Upgrades, might want to check that off, and reboot their system, so M.S. will work out all the snafu's that a lot of W10 users have 'inherited' with the Anniversary Update being applied to their system recently after Aug 2nd,2016

Just a head's up.

If you have W10 Professional, Enterprise, or Educational versions ...you have this premium feature. W10 Home Edition does not. 

I did my Anniversary update a few days ago. No snafu's or issues at all. Everything, including all my sims as well,  runs perfectly. I have W10 Home. It's actually quite nice. I like the Edge browser.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

I use Classicshell for my Start Button - Makes everything look normal (super fast too) and it is free software.  I have rarely used windows 10 start button.

But I won't update to this build for few months as I defered the update.  I will let the flight sim software catch up to the new build bugs and features.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

I use Classicshell for my Start Button - Makes everything look normal (super fast too) and it is free software.  I have rarely used windows 10 start button.

But I won't update to this build for few months as I defered the update.  I will let the flight sim software catch up to the new build bugs and features.

No apparent problems here after the Anniversary Update. However, as a few sites have mentioned, I had to turn on System Restore for all of my drives which was turned off by default in the update. I was also using Classic Shell but after the update, a message came up saying that it wasn't compatible with the new version.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Yes, Julian, and Glynn, I do know about this, as it is at the moment, but I am referring to how it will look AFTER the Anniversary Update which has yet to take place.

You're lucky, Julian, re:Cortana.

For someone who "knows this" you clearly seem not to know that it has nothing to with them "giving away windows for free", as ALL windows 10'will have this, even now that it is no longer free and it has to be purchased by all that want it... Or also the fact that he's not "lucky", as besides being useful, you can completely turn it off (of course for that you'd have to google/read how to do it instead of just complaining...)

I was also using Classic Shell but after the update, a message came up saying that it wasn't compatible with the new version.

Using Classic Shell (v4.3.0) here without any problems on Windows 10 Pro (14393.10). Maybe you were trying to run an older version of Classic Shell?