Sign in to follow this  

It's an Acer S277HK on a MSI 980ti.

Here are the settings, I'll try to post shots with these settings on and off later tonight.

Screenshot2016-08-0515.34.24.png

Screenshot2016-08-0515.37.07.jpg

Hans

It's an Acer S277HK on a MSI 980ti.

Here are the settings, I'll try to post shots with these settings on and off later tonight.

Danke, Hans!

I will set NI up accordingly to see if it works on my end.

In a direct comparison you may indeed say that there is no difference between the AA off in-sim and the NI AA on, proving that NI does not affect X-Plane. Still, I get the impression of a smoother flight, a few fps more and a little less load on the GPU. Maybe just a placebo. The fps limiter of NI does a good job in fact in all scenarios where I am well beyond 30 fps, reduces a lot of heat and noise of the GPU.

I also tried HDR off but aside from the fact that it doesn't look as nice I did not see a noticeable improvement in fps. 

Hans

Most people set vsync to 1/2 refresh rate, which also limits fps to 30fps (given that your monitor is running at 60Hz) and results in  a very smooth running sim. With that set, there is no need for an additional frame rate limiter.

• Upvote 1

Well here is another vid of my 1080 GTX running Xplane with everything but water and ground traffic maxed. CPU is an i7 6700k and 4.6Ghz with HT enabled.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I have a 3770k CPU and a 960GTX (4gb) Video card. My CPU is overclocked to 4.7 (with water cooling) and I also overclocked the bus, video card and memory. My computer is close to 3 1/2 years old now, except for video card, which is about a little over a year now I think.

Anyhow, I live in NYC and I spend a lot of time flying there in X-plane. NYC is by far the most demanding place to fly in either X-plane, P3D or FSX, because of the close proximity of all 3 major airports and a hugh city in between. If you can get good FPS here, your good pretty much anywhere else you go in the sim! It a great place to benchmark performance and settings. This CPU, seems to run XP so well, I just don't see any reason to upgrade right now and I'm an upgrade junkie!  I'm dying to build a new computer just because I enjoy buying the parts and building a new computer, but this one is running so well, I just can't part with it. at some point it may die from the overclock, but that's ok, I had a few great years of use out of it and that will give me a good reason to build a new one. so far its not overheating and has never crashed on me in the last 3 years running at this speed.

I took a few screen shots of NYC today using the new Lagardia 2020 scenery. I used Fraps to display FPS, but for some reason, the FPS did not show up. I don't feel like taking new ones now, but I was getting between 34 and 46 FPS in these shots. At one point it dropped to 32 for a few seconds. NOt sure how I feel about this proposed Laguardia airport. Looks good on paper, but I need to see it in person when its done. The old one is in bad need of a renovation! Its a dump!

I'm running 10.5, DD Manahattan, World Traffic, Maxxfx, DD design NY Airports, RTH and a few small scenery addons for NYC. 

Rob

8_zpsfmv0bhqz.jpg

9_zpsrqtz5vim.jpg

2_zpsize7c1ow.jpg

3_zpsinwwdpan.jpg

6_zpswieer0vj.jpg

5_zps5ptn12xz.jpg

1_zpswayg2mxv.jpg

11_zpsyktqsjdr.jpg

10_zpsscsnqckr.jpg

2_zpsawsycfy2.jpg

The Port Autority Proposed KLGA

13_zpsucbu8l7d.jpg

12_zpsn7pqdmgk.jpg

Hi Rob

Look pretty good, I would like to try those settings on my machine. I have i7 3930k 16 gig, over clock to 4.7k as well using an GTX Titan black. I built this back in 2014 as an 8 gig for FSX and upgraded memory in plans on running X Plane.

I wonder how much ram are you using in you machine, just wondering if I have enough. lol.

Great shots !!!

Bob

i had the 6700k and also bought a 4790k, one with a 980ti and one with a gtx 1070, both with 32gb of ram.i know i am going to get some back lash for this but i parted out my 6700k system and decided to keep the 4790k build until cannonlake.i get better frames and performance with my 4790k at 4.7ghz.i couldnt get my 6700k over 4.4.it was the luck of the draw for me.x-plane just runs better for me with haswell. you can build a new rig for almost the same price for both.by what i have read,cannonlake will be the first mainstream 6 core setup at the end of next year.i went with the gtx 1070 and really enjoy this build over skylake.this is just my opinion and my observation's.

Hi Rob

Look pretty good, I would like to try those settings on my machine. I have i7 3930k 16 gig, over clock to 4.7k as well using an GTX Titan black. I built this back in 2014 as an 8 gig for FSX and upgraded memory in plans on running X Plane.
I wonder how much ram are you using in you machine, just wondering if I have enough. lol.

Great shots !!!

Bob

Thanks,

I'm using 16 gigs of ram (G-skill Ripjaws,)

Your system should run XP very well! 

Rob