Sign in to follow this  
StoneC0ld

747 crash today

Guest abent

Hey Shane. Just watching that on the news. A real tragedy though thank god it wasn't a passenger jet. Guess the RC's have it cordoned off pretty good, eh.Adam

Guest panda234

Looks like they went down just after taking off of 06. I live very close to the airport--the end of 33--and was outside last night with the dog a few hours before it went down. The sky was perfectly clear and no wind at all. I guess they had their choice of runways and 06 is the longest of the 2 and the flightpath is over the least populated area, which I guess would be a consideration with a 4am takeof. No word on survivors, but MK Airlines says "it looks grim." :-(billg

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

i was working last night on the ambulance we started to roll around 4amshane

canada am is reporting no survivors.say a prayer for the crew.what a terrible tragedy.

Guest vuelo

Dammn........... :( my condoleances to the familiesAMD64 3200 - MSI K8N Neo Platinum NForce3 - ASUS RADEON 9800XT - SB AUDIGY 2 - 1GB CORSAIR XMS - XP PRO EXCL. SP2

Guest Paul Heaney

I heard about this in the car this morning heading to work, while listening to CFRB in Toronto. Very Sad news indeed.

Guest ChanRak

What is the latest news on the crash itself. Since I am a mechanic on the 747 and 777 jets, I know it is very hard to knock out the 747 from the sky. So I am out in the wilderness for the time being, and just got on my makeshift news link up, and I see this.Did the plane burst in flames, of simply dropped from the sky???? This question being answered can give me plenty of clues.Chanrak

Guest Rockcliffe

The plane never got enough speed to take off, but early indications are there were no engine problems. It's also been reported that the pilots didn't use the full length of the runway, although I don't know if that was intentional or not.I think the current theory is that the plane was overloaded or that somehow the weight estimates were wrong.BlairCYOWCheck this site for updates:http://www.tsb.gc.ca/en/media/fact_sheets/...gy_a04h0004.asp

Guest Dakota

I am not saying it is the case in this accident, but sometimes cargo planes go down, if the load is not secured properly and shifts during take off. This can move the center of gravity and cause big problems.

I've heard a theory that the pilots might have taken a shortcut and didn't use (or have) enough runway to get up to speed...

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE