Sign in to follow this  

Orbx OpenLC North America out of KDEN

Quick loop out of KDEN with some Orbx OpenLC North America ... very significant difference, job well done!

Cheers, Rob.

Amazing video! Thanks Rob.

Just did a flight from KLAX to KSEA ... absolutely amazing work, ORBX! 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Very nice.  I'm hoping this will fix the dead areas in the sim that are populated in real life but bare land in FS, among other things.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Looked really nice Rob, and smooth. I have purchased, just need to download and install now and can't wait after watching your video.

Thanks for Sharing & Cheers

DaveGi

Rob nice video, I'm curious as to what kind of performance you get at FTX Southern California, with FSDT KLAX and PMDG 777. If you own these products could you tell me if it runs sluggish on your machine at those settings?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

performance you get at FTX Southern California, with FSDT KLAX and PMDG 777

That's an open question ... anywhere from 20 FPS to 90 FPS ... depends on how I configure the add-ons and graphics settings.  For Orbx NorCal and SoCal regions I dial back the following:

1.  Autogen = Dense

2. Road/Boat traffic = 0

3. Terrain shadows = off

4.  Dynamic Reflections = off

5.  IV, EV, Building shadows ONLY

6.  AI traffic 5-10% no GA

I have a Graphics settings profile specific for Orbx NorCal and SoCal since they are very demanding.  I have asked Orbx if they'll do a FTX "Pure" Global mode for those of us with Regions so we can opt for better performing FTX Global (with openLC) ... I've been told it's in the works for FTX Central v3.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob thanks for the info. I thought I was the only one having problems with those regions running sluggish.

And could you explain this Pure global mode in detail? Does this mean for those of us who have the full region area such as PNW or Southern/Northern California will disable the entire region and use FTX Global only?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Another awesome video, Rob!  I'll never be able to match your extreme settings but it's always fun to see what's possible!

I have openLC NA installed but haven't had much time to do any flying with it yet (life & work keep getting in the way) so for me this was a good introduction on what to look forward to.

And I agree the Flysimware Lear 35 is sort of a 'hidden gem' and a lot of fun.  And the level of Dev support and continuous updates is amazing!

Look forward to your next videos!

Kevin

Kevin S

And could you explain this Pure global mode in detail? Does this mean for those of us who have the full region area such as PNW or Southern/Northern California will disable the entire region and use FTX Global only?

The Pure Global is JV's name for it ... but yes that is correct, disables regions and use Global and OpenLC only (and maybe vector if installed).

Glad you enjoy the video Kevin ... and agree, weekends is the only time I see to have available and I'd like to fly more.

Cheers, Rob.