Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

having probelms installing Douglas_C-47_V3.12.beta

For some reason I am having problems installing I believe this is how you title it Douglas_C47_V3.12.beta.  I have the Douglas_C-47_V2 whch is the older addition.  Can someone please help me out on this and be as specific as possible on how you downloaded this product, which is a great piece of freeware.

I know you are supposed to have the titles, sound, soundai, aircraft cfg, model, textures, panel,, and their is also a new and updated vc.

For some reason Ican't install it is not on the FSX menue with all the other planes.

What am I doing wrong here ? I have Windows 7 780 gtx 3770k FSX Gold Edition

Do you have the appropriate folder in your FSX/Simobjects/airplanes folder titled Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta?

Does this folder contain all of the proper folders like model, manual, texture, texture.EATS_315221,

texture.paratrooper, aircraft.cfg and the proper .air file?

Just doing a little correction edit:  The download contains 2 folders Effects, and the aircraft which is

Douglas_C-47_V.312_Beta.  Copy all of the Effects to your FSX/Effects folder and then copy the

Douglas folder to FSX/Simobjects/Airplanes folder.   DONE!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

just cant get this in. hae all the titles aircraft cfg model panel, sound soundai air file and still no luck.  Have it called in my FSX Douglas_C-47_V3.12_Beta

I have the second version and no problem.   What am I doing wrong ?

So...in your Simobject/Airplanes folder you have the folder called Douglas_C-47_V.3.12_Beta with all of the

appropriate things that a full aircraft has.  Correct so far?  Yet it does not show in your select aircraft screen????

Do you have show all variations checked?  I'll show a picture of this.

selectpage.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have all of the categories, aircraft cfg, model, panel.cfg, sound.cfg, soundai.cfg.  ,texture file, texture.Paratrooper, texture.Eats_315221, and model. I also have in the fsx menue to show all aircraft, and I have the plane listed in fsx as  simobjects/ airplanes as Douglas_C-47V_3.12_Beta.

What else could I be doing wrong.  How about this I have the title model, and inside that folder,  Listed  in that folder I have,the model.cfg, C-47R_interior.MDL, and finally C47V3_1.MDL

Should that folder be called C47V3_1.MDL, instead of model

I have all of the categories, aircraft cfg, model, panel.cfg, sound.cfg, soundai.cfg.  ,texture file, texture.Paratrooper, texture.Eats_315221, and model. I also have in the fsx menue to show all aircraft, and I have the plane listed in fsx as  simobjects/ airplanes as Douglas_C-47V_3.12_Beta.

What else could I be doing wrong.  How about this I have the title model, and inside that folder,  Listed  in that folder I have,the model.cfg, C-47R_interior.MDL, and finally C47V3_1.MDL

Should that folder be called C47V3_1.MDL, instead of model

Inside that folder labeled model should be 3 files: C47R_Interior.MDL, C47V3_1.MDL, and model.cfg   The model folder is labeled correctly.  The [fltsim.xx] in the aircraft.cfg should look like this:  You show in your post a panel.cfg....How about a panel folder?

[fltsim.0]

title=Douglas C-47 V3

sim=Douglas_DC3_v1.4

model=

panel=

sound=

texture=EATS_315221

kb_checklists=C47_check

kb_reference=C47_ref

atc_id=315221

ui_manufacturer="Douglas"

ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"

ui_variation="V3.12 Beta"

ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"

ui_createdby=

description=VVC Beta V3.12 Civilian version

[fltsim.1]

title=Douglas C-47 Paratrooper

sim=Douglas_DC3_V1.4

model=

Panel =

sound=

texture=Eats_315221

kb_checklists=C47_check

kb_reference=C47_ref

atc_id=315627

atc_id_color=0xffffffff

ui_manufacturer="Douglas"

ui_type="C-47R Skytrain"

ui_variation="V3.12 Beta Paratrooper"

ui_typerole="Twin Engine Prop"

ui_createdby=

description=VVC Beta V3.12 Paratrooper. Overhead panel has red/green light instead of Seatbelt/No smoking Sign.

c47.jpg

Charlie Aron

finally got it going almost. It flies I have the cockpit but the propellers are not moving.maybe I am missing a file

Props not moving??  Is this from a cockpit or outside view?  Keep in mind that this is a VERY Graphics intensive aircraft.

Charlie Aron

this is unbelievable this plane, interior,  props are not moving from either way, looking out from cockpit, and looking from the outside or spot view.

Yet you say it starts up and flies?  I'm baffled!  Anyone else got a clue?  You might try on the SOH forum.

Advanced Animations checked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

the plane flies but when you look outside left and right propellors not moving.