Sign in to follow this  
JimJ

Game Freezing

I did a seach on this problem, but most of the responses were so old, the links to the solutions have all expired.

I am running the Gold boxed edition of FSX, on Windows 10 Home Edition.

My system incudes Intel i7-4930K, 64.0 GB, and a GTX 780. I have no add on scenery.​Today I tried to take a ​flight from the Tampa

area to the Miami area in the stock, in game 172. About one third of the way the game just froze. I could still hear the sounds and the prop seemed to be spinning,

​but the plane stopped moving, and while I could move the mouse cursor, I could not get anything to click. I had to cntrl-alt-del to get out

​of the game. I tried a second time, and this time got about two thirds of the way before the freeze. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Does it ever unfreeze or do you just give up and ctrl+alt+delete to close it?  Have you checked your Events Viewer

for any errors pertaining to FSX?  Do you do a lot of view changes while you are flying?  Browser running in the back

ground?  Pause on Task checked in your settings?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I waited about 15 minutes for it to start again. No, I don't do anything while the flight is going, other than checking the flight plan on the

gps every once in a while. Not sure what the "Events viewer" is. If the game had paused, I normally get a message in red in the lower

left corner saying to press "p." No message there, but thanks for reminding me that it might be paused. I will have to try that next time.

Event Viewer in under Control Panel/ Administrative tools.

Control Panel-> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer, select Custom Views-> Administrative Events.
One of the listed events will be for your CTD. The "Faulting Module" should point to the problem area.

Tell us what the Faulting Module is! That will point us in the direction of the proper error, aiding in troubleshooting.

BELOW IS A SAMPLE OF WHAT YOU MIGHT SEE!

General Tab:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name:This is what we need to Know!
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000ee3a
Faulting process id: 0x748
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce0253dc4b69d4
Faulting application path: R:\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: R:\FSX\window.dll
Report Id: 9caf77b4-6e50-11e2-8570-3085a99825d1

If there is not one listed:
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000,
you will need to do as previously noted

No Faulting Module? ->
Remove all of the add-ons, and test the sim. If it works OK, then reinstall them one at a time and test.
Be sure to test each thoroughly before moving on to the next

Also if it freezes again and you do ctrl+alt+del, take a look at both the Processes and Performance

tabs to see if your CPU is pegged at 100% and going nowhere fast!  That will mean the Sim is looking

for something and it's missing!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

See the AVSIM CTD Guide for probably causes of freezes (depending on whether it happens at loading or during the flight). Link to guide is in my signature.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks guys. I just took another medium length flight with all the same conditions, and it worked. The more I think of it, there is at least

a slim possibilty that i accedentally did something that auto paused the game. I'll try another flight in the morning, and if it doesn't work

at least, now i know where to look. -- Thanks again.

It happened again. I am still using Intel i7-4930K, 64.0 GB, and a GTX 780 with a single 27 inch monitor.

When I clicked cntrl-alt-del, I noticed that fsx was using 19.3%. The thing is, other than loading in the gps flight path, I did no clicking at all on this flight. This is the event log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          8/3/2016 11:37:49 PM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Video
Description:
Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.61637.0, time stamp: 0x46fadb14
Faulting module name: uiautomationcore.dll, version: 7.2.10586.212, time stamp: 0x56fa2107
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0004d235
Faulting process id: 0x1958
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1ee01583871de
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll
Report Id: cebe4e5c-8682-4588-87d0-1435415ce61d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-08-04T03:37:49.893033700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>8324</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Video</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>10.0.61637.0</Data>
    <Data>46fadb14</Data>
    <Data>uiautomationcore.dll</Data>
    <Data>7.2.10586.212</Data>
    <Data>56fa2107</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0004d235</Data>
    <Data>1958</Data>
    <Data>01d1ee01583871de</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\uiautomationcore.dll</Data>
    <Data>cebe4e5c-8682-4588-87d0-1435415ce61d</Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>