Sign in to follow this  
tanker

Fs Navigortor

Guest shelley1995

Hi, Want to get this even though you can try before you buy (I think). Is it difficult to use? Which would be better Abacus prouduct or Fs Navigator? Thanks for anyones help, S.

Hello,I "fly" FSNav for years, great product, I like it, ease to use .BTW : "FSNavigator can be used in full in a trial period of 20 Flight Simulator sessions. After this the world map will be empty. If after the 20 free sessions you want to use the program without restrictions then a registration key is necessary"

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest Calb

It's very easy to learn and very easy to use. It's quite intuitive -- so much so that I've never taken the time to read thru all the documentation. I've been using it since late 1999 when I first discovered it -- Version 3.00. It was still freeware then.Only one thing -- it will make you a lazy pilot. When you engage the "follow flight plan" feature, it will fly the airplane to your destination from shortly after takeoff to shortly before landing. It takes care of everything in between.It's only payware addon I've ever purchased or ever will.Cal (CYXX)(sorry, no brag list)

Guest IanP

I use FSNav every time I fly, although I've never used the autopilot features of it. I use it as a moving map, route planner, information database... It's capable of a lot more besides.Definately recommended.Cheers,Ian P.

Guest deKoven

>I never fly without using it.Wot he said! Just may be THE additional product for those of us who are spatially challenged enough to get lost every time we go up. The moving map alone is worth the price. :D

Like the gentlemen indicated above, "I never fly without it!!"I have never used the AP functions ... but1. excellent moving map2. quick access to VOR, NDB and ILS frequencies as well as a great visual on the "pattern"3. detailed airport layouts for taxiing at night and finding a place to park after landing4. Although I use RTEFinder and FSBuild for flight planning, I always export to FSNav to see my route on the map5. I used to spend lots of money on charts (I still spend a little) but most of the paper has been replaced by FSNav.I believe this is one of the soundest and best investments you can make if you are a simmer.Cheers!!! and

Hi all,I agree with everything said above. The only thing I would add is how useful FSNAV can be in providing your own vectors to final. In the map view you can use the "fly to here" function to provide a life-like vector to the final approach coarse when not using ATC. FSNAV is a great program. You will love it.Best,Bill Worth

"A good landing is one you can walk away from. An excellent landing is one you can taxi away from."

Bill in Colorado:

Retired

Comm: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

CFI: ASEL/AMEL/Instrument

Simply the best FS add-on, period. Used on a second monitor, I would not fly without it.This is the one program, I would like to see the "big boys" put into their product as standard (without any changes). I love the "fly to", and "move to" features.The only thing I would do different is allow for a much darker and complete (no white borders) background setting at night. I like a very dark room for night flying, and it is a little bright coming off my second monitor (even in it's "night" mode). Maybe a dark orange on black would be good, or allow for personal configuration.Bob (Lecanto, Fl)

Guest Robin MacLaurin

Highly recommended, I've used if since having FS98. Well worth the money . Robin ;)

Guest SuperFortress

While on the topic of FSNav. Does anyone know if it's possible to change the orientation of the moving map so that the aircraft stays in a fixed point but the map rotates around it? Thanks.

FS Navigator is an excellent addon, I use it on every flight mainly for flight planning and as moving map. However, it also mirrors many of the functions of a GPS such as the RXP Garmin although of course the interface doesn't model anything in the real world. If this latter point doesn't bother you then no need for another GPS if your aircraft uses a standard FS9 autopilot.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest SU531

Yes.It`s one of my "Must have" add-on and it has(FS Nav)his own 20" monitor.See how I like it:)

I agree with all that's been said. I also think it's great that you can pull up all the intersections on the moving map. Place the cursor on the intersection (or airport or any point) press and hold the right mouse button and drag it to your aircraft - it displays distance and bearing to that point. Great for doing instrument approaches with or without the autopilot.Dale

Dale