Sign in to follow this  
realpilotsimpilot

stuck in go around mode

Howdy all,

First, I know this product is older than that old, but I pulled the MD-11 and the FS2Crew add-on out last night for the first time in awhile.  Second, I searched this and found another thread but it seemed to get hung up on how it got into GA mode, not getting out.  I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong procedurally that I couldn't get the software to advance.  

Here's what happened:  While on final, I accidentally hit my mapped red button and it started the go around sequence. I panicked because it started pulling flaps up at low speed, and I didn't want to stall.  Eventually got it stable and flying on the GA path I wanted and went to re-set up the approach.  No dice.  Couldn't get the FS2Crew to budge into a different mode using the arrows and neither green nor red button did anything.  Had to land all alone (sad face).  As an additional data point, my GA was a bit of a mess, so I was definitely not doing the correct procedure.  

So, my question is: does anyone know if FS2Crew will automatically advance back to approach?  If so, what's the trigger event that I blew? I guess it's also possible that I crashed the add-on, as it didn't seem to be otherwise working, Although, it did work when I landed and called to disarm slides, so i don't think that's it.  Any thoughts?  I suppose it could also be a bug where it hangs in GA mode, but I'm betting on pilot error as the mostly likely cause.

Thanks in advance.

Doug 

So, my question is: does anyone know if FS2Crew will automatically advance back to approach?

Hi, 

I haven't used the MD-11 and it's Fs2crew version for years, but as far as I remember (and it is the case for the versions of Fs2crew for other aircrafts) once in GA mode you have to switch to approach manually with the arrow down once you have completed the after takeoff checklist. 

What does the manual say about GA? I don't havr it installed so I don't have access to the manual.

My advise would be to do a proper GA and see if following the procedure gets you stuck again in GA mode.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

@Doug

When this happened to me, on my last MD-11 cargo flight into Quito (SEQU) which is at quite a high altitude, without me even selecting GA, unless I accidentally hit the Main Button of my FS2Crew, I came across the same experience as you encountered. FS2 Crew would not budge. Had to do the GA and land without FS2Crew. So, this thread should be interesting to follow.

Ha, yes. I freely admit my error. But really couldn't get it to move again using the arrows. I'll try to land again when I can and report back after a proper go around unless you say it's a known issue (which I would doubt).

While I still prefer the voice versions, I still like flying this bird with your enhancements.

Finally had a chance to recreate from the saved point.  It worked, without a hitch.  Although I do wonder if there is a bit of an issue where if you don't complete to process such that it goes through the after takeoff check and so forth that it does hang.  But, if you don't panic it works fine.