Sign in to follow this  
nudata

Question On ORBX Landclass Download?

It is a zoo over at ORBX forums. I have posted a message with updates but no responses. So a simple question: Although it took all day I downloaded 4 files. From them I extracted 21 data files (512kb each) a setup.exe file . The #21 was actually 49kb.

Over at the P3D forum I was told that I should of had 7 files a setup, MSI and CAB files.

Which is correct?

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

It's 21 files at 512 MEGA (not KILO) bytes each. The last one might be smaller yeah.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You should be good to go...make sure they are all in the same folder and run the .exe.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

For further confirmation, I'm seeing what you're seeing - 4 downloads that exploded into:

21 data files and 1 exe installer, 10.3 GB total size.

Which is correct?

For OpenLC NA It is 21 data files and the installer.

Just extract them all and place together in one folder. Then run the installer as administrator.

Edit: 4 answers while I typed, Wow, You guys are fast!!

Cheers.

can you install it over FTX global and ORBX PNW?

can you install it over FTX global and ORBX PNW?

Yes.

You can also install it over the previous OpenLC NA (Alaska & Canada) no need to uninstall it.

(They even asked not to uninstall previous OpenLC NA setups)

I will try again. Wish I knew how my original scenery.cfg was recovered just in case it fouls up again.

Anyhow thanks for the prompt responses.
:db:

regards,

I now have the Orbx Landclass product installed. The process was messy. As with a lot of these things you are trying this and that so when success arrives it is not clear where the magical solution came from.

If Orbx has published a list of the 4 expected file sets, and a scenery.cfg that showed the results of a successful install, it would have helped and reduced the amount of confusion. Without this I was told to expect 7 files and some were CAB files. Not correct.

Now that I have it. I see some differences but not anything I would call a "gushing" experience. Comparisons to Bing and Google maps bring the landscape closer to reality but with customer input they should, and will, get closer.

regards,