Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Flight Simulator and Real World Logo's

Hi,Well, I must say, I like what has been said by PSS. The only thing that remians to be seen is what they consider poor quality. As well as how long it will take before they are available for download.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Guest NormanB

Mike,Not withstanding I have just eaten dinner for the xth day at my desk, if you send them to webmaster@ then I will endeavour to get them posted as soon as possible, certainly within 24hrs.Quality is really aimed at stuff that could be considered offensive/obsence. I have yet to see someone submit a repaint that could be considered poor in its quality.Edit: Typo

Guest SaVas

>Hello,>>What about the people out there that: >>A. Don't have the time to repaint >B. Don't possess the talent to repaint>C. Would rather spend their free time flying than repainting.>>Simple YOU DONT BUY IT and fly the Mel-Jet 777 which you can have free repaints til your heart's contentYou buy THEIR product you abide by THEIR RULES. Its that easy.if you dont like their rules dont buy their aircraft. Is it that hard to understand?

Hello,Not when they "DON'T OWN THE COPYRIGHT". If they are going to make rules, they should follow the LAW.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hello,From your Opening page:"The 777 Paintshop is OpenPaintkits for the 777-200LR, 777-200LRF and 777-300ER are now available for download, allowing painters to be as creative as possible.The kits in bmp and psd format, will allow full customisation into your favourite livery - right down to including your own picture as Captain or First Officer.Just click on Support | Paint kits | and download the kits that you require. Remember of course that we don't allow repaints of our commercial liveries."You state:"You will note the complete removal of the very point that seems to have been the cause of this thread."Remember of course that we don't allow repaints of our commercial liveries"Looks like its still there:"

"It is not legal to use someone else's trademarked/copyrighted logo or slogan for the purpose of making a profit without the written consent of that company."Actually for this statement to be correct in the US - you should remove the words "for the purpose of making a profit".Purpose or profit have no place/ standing in the copyright and trademark legal arena. You either have permission or you don't. Why and under what restrictions you have permission to use the logo is up to the copyright/ trademark holder.ANY use without permission is proscribed. This isn't just US law, but worldwide according to conversations with my company trademark / copyright attorneys. We hold over 11,000 copyrights and trademarks in over 120 countries.My company has pursued and stopped flightsim freeware repainters from distributing copies of company aircraft with company logos on the aircraft.BTW, aircraft companies copyright and trademark the ENTIRE paint scheme, not just the logo.There is an airline out of the Middle East which tracks down and threatens legal action to anyone who post repaints of their aircraft - or flightplans.With rare expections, almost everything posted for download concerning aircraft is in technical violation of the laws. Even the aircraft models themselves are in violation.As an model designer of great freeware AI aircraft recently said (paraphrased) If Boeing comes down and complains - I'll remove them all because I don't have legal leg to stand upon.As said previously, don't awaken the sleeping giant.We can end up in the situation of the model railroaders and railroad sim folks - whom Union Pacific is constantly demanding payment for any model, repaint - real or virtual.

Guest NormanB

>Hello,>Looks like its still there:Mike, Excuse my fried brain but I have missed where it is you refer. Im looking.Edit - found and fixed.

Guest Phoenix 1

Mike ... One particular peice of text from our website was missed during the removal of the clause.. PLEASE drop it now, it wasnt left there intentionally, It's just that we are , well.. A little busy right now ??Many thanks

Hi,Thanks, I would also like to add, I am looking forward to the addition of the 777 into my fleet. Looks like an oustanding product.

>>>>I guess I'll staty a PDMG and LevelD and Flight1 customer as>I>>always have been. (one of youse guys need to do the 777>>properly!!)>>>>:-)>>>>I also like LevelD PMDG and Flight1, and I respect all their>different policies. They sure have reasons for their ways of>doing things. In this case PSS offers a what seems to be>interresting 777 at a reasonable cost, so why not?>>Have fun!>EagleIt's not that I disagree on the them having the right to charge for repaints. I do however disagree with them saying that you cannot do a repaint of a carrier that they have already done. They can't legally tell me I cannot do that and share the textures if I choose to do so. They do not own that carrier's logo; now if they liscensed it, then I'd relucntantly comply with their stance...but I fully support their right to charge for repaints if they want too. (I would not personally want to or possibly buy the repaints)

Hi,I never said it was left intentionally, I know your busy. I'm looking forward to this aircraft as are many others. Consider it dropped.

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Thank you Norman, for pointing these things out. I've been on the fence about several payware add-ons for months now, and PSS is definately one of the devs on my wishlist. While I never stated anything about it previously, the livery subject did bug me. Thank you for ironing out the kinks! I am about to take the plunge, or as I'm thinking of calling it: Jeremy's FS Christmas Extravaganza! There are 10 payware items on my list, and seeing as how I hate having to choose, I may very well buy them all.Again, thanks!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-Dead bugs on the windshield.Mechanic-Live bugs on back-order.

You are mostly correct only to point if you use their proprietary data to make your product (IMO). My post was short (to only include 'for profit uses'), because I was on the way out the door, and I wanted to make the "general point". And yes, it does not matter if your product is free or not. I also did not go into depth to state the rest of the areas where one may also infringe on copyright issues.For the purposes of this thread though, I think I made my point.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

In the UK under the The Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 (and amending legislation) Section 16: The acts restricted by copyright in a work. 16.-(1) The owner of the copyright in a work has, in accordance with the following provisions of this Chapter, the exclusive right to do the following acts in the United Kingdom- (a) to copy the work (see section 17); (:( to issue copies of the work to the public (see section 18);... There is no mention of profit or commercial use. Copying or issuing copies infringes copyright full stop.The use of companies' logos, paint scheme etc by others without permission of the copyright owner is very dangerous territory to enter.

Thanks, see my above post about commercial/profit or free. Everyone is correct here.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply