Is anyone else getting a weird haze effect with AS16?  Ive tried turning off default haze layer but everytime I restart Active sky its unticked again.  The effect gets worse the higher I climb it seems.

egXHikK.jpg

e4YdpfZ.jpg

ou2jwc4.jpg

0qlS6Y4.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

P3D or FSX?

Looks like about 40 - 60 miles surface visibility there (hard to tell exactly) which could be quite normal and if this is P3D it looks like standard volumetric fog depiction which does "enhance" surface visibility depiction.  You may want to experiment with the Maximum surface visibility slider, increasing it to see if it gives you the depiction you expect.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Are you using PTA - that would have a lot to do with it if so

Rich Sennett

P3D or FSX?

Looks like about 40 - 60 miles surface visibility there (hard to tell exactly) which could be quite normal and if this is P3D it looks like standard volumetric fog depiction which does "enhance" surface visibility depiction.  You may want to experiment with the Maximum surface visibility slider, increasing it to see if it gives you the depiction you expect.

P3D

Settings:

0 - minimum surface visibility

200 - maximum surface visibility

200 - maximum upper visibility

Metar

LEVC 021930Z 06008KT 020V080 CAVOK 27/21 Q1018 NOSIG

Not sure what PTA is?

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

P3D

Settings:

Metar

Not sure what PTA is?

Prepar3d tweak assistant here on avsim - graphic enhancement program - if your asking then you probably are not using it so need to worry about that 

Rich Sennett

I dunno, early morning flight, cool and humid air below you can set up a pretty impressive haze or fog.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

This is just MHO but I think that a lot of what is being noticed is due to the fact that, in the past, the haze layer was so bad that many people disabled it or used a specific cloud set to emulate it.

No, we are seeing the haze as it should be and it looks weird.

Anyone who ever flew in Southern California in the 70's might recall the very visible smog layer which was always present.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Richard, I am currently using PTA with URP 0.9 (blue haze config) with AS 2016 and experiencing the same issue as OP. If I tick default haze layer, it works for like 5 seconds then reverts back to injecting this weird haze. The blue haze complementary to URP 0.9 completely disappears behind AS2016 foggy haze. Really annoying and unrealistic in my opinion. 

What is the solution when using PTA then?

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Hi Richard, I am currently using PTA with URP 0.9 (blue haze config) with AS 2016 and experiencing the same issue as OP. If I tick default haze layer, it works for like 5 seconds then reverts back to injecting this weird haze. The blue haze complementary to URP 0.9 completely disappears behind AS2016 foggy haze. Really annoying and unrealistic in my opinion. 

What is the solution when using PTA then?

Hi I am not using URP 0.9 maybe thats why I do not see this problem ? 

Rich Sennett

P3D

Settings:

Metar

Not sure what PTA is?

I think it is caused by your visibilty settings. Go back to the default setting of 75 maximum surface and 100 max. upper vis. I am pretty sure it will be perfect.

Hans W.