Sign in to follow this  
Emile

"How to" add an HUD to an aircraft?

Hello,I did search for but did not find. Do you know how to add an HUD to an aircraft? Not an Heli.Thanks in advance.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Emile if you have a HUD gauge just add it to your panel like any other gauge. Search here in Avsin file library for it. jghgsv2.zipJohnPS: If you dont know your way around panels let me know what aircraft you want the hud in and I will send you the info you need to install it.

Hello John,I'll read all the documentation and I'll start trying.Thanks for assistance.PS I'll come to you in case of problems.

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

A hud can't be placed in a VC it can only be replaced. If the model has a HUD in it originally but you do not like the particular one you can change it but it is very tricky and takes a bit of patients. All VC cockpits have the gauges locations hard coded in them when they are designed so the only option is to swap gauges and not add.

________________________________________________________________________________

i9 10800K | 16GB RAM | RTX 3080 | Windows 10 | 

Saitek x-45 | Bravo Throttle | Alpha Yoke | CH Pedals | Logitech Radio Panel | SmoothTrack | AAO

Hello,Works great, easy to install .Thanks a lot.

hi all, is there any up to date ideas on this? i'd like to add a hood to an edge 540 (it like an extra 300) prop plane. frankly, i'd be happy simply to add a text overlay in the corner of the screen with airspeed, g meter and compass heading on it. is that possible?

thanks

Probably best to start a new thread rather than dig up a 10 year old topic. Same goes for that other 9 year old thread you posted in about the 10 views.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator