Sign in to follow this  
spilok

I really want to install PNW, but....

Had some real problems with Pacific North West in the past month.  Runways crowded with trees and houses at KSEA and overall, a bad experience.  Have re-installed FSX twice in the last week and NOW I've installed Globel, Vector, and other addons with NO problem whatsoever.  NOW, I'd like to re-install PNW but I'm really afraid to do it.  I've installed by the book with libraries after all installs, and re-starting the computer frequently during reinstalls.  How can I be assured of a clean PNW reinstall?   I used to love this area to fly in, and I miss it.

Any ideas?  AND if it doesn't work, can I uninstall just that region?

Stan

I just went through an ordeal reinstalling PNW into P3Dv3.3.5.  I suspect you are trying to install it into P3D too?  You should not have runways crowded with trees and houses at KSEA and I suspect you had another KSEA on your computer (look in your MyTrafficX\Scenery folder and disable KSEA).  If you have Taxi2Gate's KSEA, then there's a compatibility problem but there is a compatibility forum at FTX and it covers how to make that airport compatible and it looks great!  Make sure after installing the PNW you install the latest Orbx Library as that has several updates.  Make sure too you have the latest installer for PNW.  The installer should show PNW180 at the end.  If not, you'll have to download the latest installer. 

Oh!  And read the manual as far as what you have to do after installing it and opening up FTX Central.  It is important that you apply the region so it is not on default.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have FTX PNW installed, but however I'm getting elevation problems at KSEA. I've tried doing all the necessary updates to get it to work but still it looks terrible with uneven terrain. I have the patch from T2G KSEA, and also done the required steps for FTX as well. Still hasn't fixed the problem and now KSEA looks even worse. I even tried to disable and enable KSEA using FTX Vector's evalation tool to see if that would fix it, but still no go. Other than the KSEA airport area being uneven and problematic, everything else is fine.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Aaron,  If you pile too many different sceneries on top of each other... something usually goes bad...

and performance suffers as well.

PNW is fine all by itself :wink:

Quote:

"It is important that you apply the region so it is not on default."

Jim,  I believe that is old advice... Regions are not "applied" anymore

Bert

Hi Bert,

It is there when you first install it.  After that, it disappears and you won't see "Apply" again.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

USING FSX, not P3D.  As long as I can uninstall it if it fails, I try to do the install this evening.  Also have Central Rockies which I've held back on. 

Thanks.

Stan

Just bought ORBX Global Open North America LC.  4 big parts to download, but it looks fantastic when you see the photos on the website.  I think this may be the way to go for overall wonderful scenery.  $54 bucks and change.

Stan

PNW and everything else installed flawlessly this time.  Really paid attention to installation procedures with FTX Central, and installing Libraries throughout the process.

All looks great.

Stan