Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Installations cannot find FS9.1 exe file

Good Morning, Evening or Night to you all,

I have raised this issue before but have yet to solve the problem.

I am trying to install several programmes (Aerosoft MyTraffic 2010, Aerosoft Airbus, FeelThere Legacy aircraft and AIRAC Data to mention a few)

These are all programmes that I have had installed previously and all worked to expectations.

The issue has come about after a problem (accidently clicking on a Win10 update instead of deleting it.)  This lead to a reformat and clean install of Win7 Ultimate 64bit ... and a reformat of my FS2004 drive and clean reinstall of FS2004 (with 9.1 update)

The problem is that these programmes cannot find FS9.  I then browse to the Drive E/FS2004 to manually find the execute file.  In Drive E/FS2004 I can see all the folders but not the ancillary files (including the .exe application file)

If I exit the installation and browse to Drive D/FS2004 all the folders are there and so are all the ancillary files (60 files approximately) 

Show hidden files is checked so that would not appear to be the problem,

Another reformat and reinstall of FS2004 reveals the same problems

Successful installations of VOZ1.8, Indonesian Sceneries, FeelThere Phenom100, EMB135/145/170/190/175/195, Ifly737, Eaglesoft Citation X, EVO2016 are still in place.

IFly737 is a DVD installation (successful) FeelThere Legacy is a DFVD installation (unsuccessful) Aerosoft Airbus and Mytraffic2010 are DVD installations and unsuccessful. FS2004 is also a DVD installation All the other installations are data downloads.

I am at a complete loss here.  I am pretty sure it is not a problem with the various programmes and I suspect that it is a Windows problem, but how can I rectify it all. 

Any Ideas?

Thanks Guys and Girls

Regards to all

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Wobbie,

Downloaded and run many many times.  No effect whatsoever.

In fact, I have had this tool for many years and used it extensively .. one of the best tools and free too.

Thanks for your input and any further advice may well save what little remains of my rapidly thinning hair.

Regards

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Your heading refers to the "fs9.1.exe file" file.  Is this the file which you are searching for?  If so then there is no such file in FS2004 which is why you cannot find it.  The only executable file to run the sim is "fs9.exe" whether you have installed the upgrade or not.

Dijvid

Ok, it is always called fs9.exe. So, if updated with the 9.1 update, the exe will still be called fs9.exe.

The ' no-cd' patch that we do not talk about will ALSO be fs9.exe

So, as Dijvid says, there is no fs9.1exe

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

The ' no-cd' patch that we do not talk about will ALSO be fs9.exe

Be aware that there is a patch for the basic version of fs9 and also one for the 9.1 upgrade.  They are both named fs9.exe so make sure you get the right one as they are not interchangeable.

It's absurd beyond belief that 13 years after the release of FS2004 I can tell you that there is a no-cd patch but I'm not allowed to direct you to it.  Anyway, you know who your friend is in these situations!!

Dijvid

Wobbie and Vector,

Thanks guys and whilst I really do appreciate your feedback, this is not really my problem.

I am very much aware of the difference  between fs9 and fs9.1 and the need to not replace the fs9.1.exe with the fs9.exe NO CD patch after the update.   I have lost count of the number of times I have been through this procedure after a full and clean install of FS2004.  

Apart from that,if I had, in fact, installed the incorrect fs9.exe then I can only assume that none of my installations would be successful.  From memory, back in the deep dark past this was the result of my first incorrect NOCD patch.As stated, I have been sucessfull with quite a few installations thus far.

I will however, download the NOCD patch again (from its un-named source) and reinstall .. rerun the Flight1 registry tool and try again.

I will advise.

Thanks again

Tony Chilcott

Tony Chilcott.

Hi Tony

I am fortunate in as much as I have a PC dedicated to FS2004 and nothing else.  I have Windows 7 installed and it is because I have read of so many people having problems with Windows 10, as well as not being able to pick and choose which updates to install, that I won't upgrade my OS to the latest version.  Maybe you may have to consider just how important flight simulation is to you and make a decision regarding going back to Windows 7?

Having given up on their flight sim franchises I cannot see Microsoft giving any thought now to ensuring that FS2004 and FSX will work under Windows 10, and goodness knows what future updates might do to those who are currently running the sim satisfactorily under Windows 10.

Dijvid

I have been very fortunate that all my sims are perfectly with Windows 10!

However, as we speak, I'm downloading the Anniversary Update (44% done, quite slow here in South Africa), & will let you all know if anything breaks.. Holding thumbs......

Dijvid,  Microsoft has a lot more to worry about, than making sure that their latest operating system is optimised for a 13 year old game. We are just lucky that it still works as well as it does.

Time, & technology stops to no man!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Skywatcher.

You are absolutely correct.  All suggestions have been followed and have proven fruitless. Thank you for your input.

Wobbie and Vector,

I tried your suggestions. deleted the NOCD fs9.1.exe ... downloaded again the NoCD software....ran Flight1 registry fixer and same result ... still cannot find the .exe.  

I then reformated my Drive E, created new FSVIIII folder, reinstalled FS2004, installed fs9.1 update, reloaded the NOCD software and tried the Aerosoft MyTraffic 2010 and all normal.  I then re installed all my aircraft and everything was absolutely normal.

I have no idea what the problem was but the 4th reinstall of fs2004 appears to have fixed the problem and again I am a happy little vegemite.

Thanks again for all your responses and advice.  I remain mystified but problem solved.

Regards to all

Tony.

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

I Just have to say it......

May the 4th be with you!..

I use ' Everything' from www.voidtools.com as a desktop search engine. It is very quick & searches as you type. Maybe worth a try?

Mmmm, so, just looking back, you did say that the F1 Reg tool, when told to look for the FD9.exe, could not find it in the FS9 folder?

Just interested to know, as you have things already sorted.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

You have to be careful when installing the no cd patch. Read the instructions carefully. As said before there is no fs9.1exe only fs9.exe but the sim itself will tell you whether it is fs9 or fs9.1. If you have only fs9 then you need to install the 9.1 patch first then the no cd. It wil re-create fs9.exe so that it loads directly.

Hey guys,

Thank you all so very much for your help.

Neumanix.

I always install the 4gb patch as the last installation.ie after all the sceneries, utilities and aircraft. A mighty tool. 

Vololiberista

As I have stated previously, There have been innumerable re installs of fs2004, fs9,1 updates and the NOCD key that I have suffered through.  I have never encountered this problem other than the last two occasions that I have been forced to reinstall. the first time I just kept reinstalling till the system came good.  (see comment Skywatcher) The last time was due to mistakenly clicking on Win10 update and subsequently being unable to stop the blasted thing. It may well have been my error but to make the same mistake so many times after so very many previous installs seem to me, to be a little hard to imagine.  We are, however, all human I guess

Skywatcher

I think I owe you an apology.  Re reading my response to you seems to be very curt and I assure you that, that was NOT my intention.  It just looked horrible after reading it again. See also comment in the para above.

Wobbie

LOL  ... I am also forthed to say the the 4th was indeed with me mate

I have never tried the void tools app but it may well be worth remembering and thanks.

The F1 Reg tool did tell me in fact, that the fix was successful.  It did not, however, fix the problem.

So there we have it.  I remain in the dark about what actually changed in the process but thankfully it all works and works wonderfully well (as only fs9 can LOL)

In conclusion, I really want to thank each and every one of you for your help and assistance.

Bless you all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.