Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Installations cannot find FS9.1 exe file

Skywatcher
I think I owe you an apology. Re reading my response to you seems to be very curt and I assure you that, that was NOT my intention. It just looked horrible after reading it again. See also comment in the para above.

No, all good. I just recalled the other thread and wasn't sure you went through it all as it was already a well developed thread with plenty of suggestions. Good to hear you have it sorted! We must always help FS9/2004'ers to keep going as long as possible with this great sim! Hopefully many, many years to go!

• Upvote 1

Mark Daniels

We must always help FS9/2004'ers to keep going as long as possible with this great sim! Hopefully many, many years to go!

Oh Yes!! We still finding new things to do!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Well, I've only had around 4 years with it realistically (2 x 2 year stints in 2005 and now) so it's still new to me. Only just experiencing the custom airports in this second 2 year stint. Tried FSX, looked at P3D on a friends system but throw a high demand scenery and high demand aircraft and you still can't max everything out on a top end PC. It's crazy, can't understand why people go there when everything in FS2004 works so well, no headaches, no wasted time, still looks great and has addons galore!

• Upvote 1

Mark Daniels

I agree 100%.

I'm using a scenery upgrade from http://biggles11.wixsite.com/the-natural-world.

It's freeware & just drop Howard an email & he will send it. Truly great stuff!

I'm also using all the stuff, scenery & planes/paints from http://www.ford-tri-motor.net/

Garry & Edward have done an amazing job there with scenery that includes ramps & sloping runways. New stuff very regularly.

I've a separate install of that, with the TNW upgrade.

Anyhow, I do not want to hijack this thread any more. You can always PM me.

Cheers,

Robin.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Hi guys,

Long live FS2004 for sure but ....

I am incredibly satisfied with FS2004 but I do tend to dribble somewhat over some of the P3D/FSX screenshots I see here.  

The scenery is absolutely fantastic and I can come nowhere close to duplicating it on FS9.  My solution ... Fly high with incredibly dense clouds (8/8ths) and this makes scenery entirely redundant LOL  Does tend to rule out GA VFR though.

However, if you are reading other forums you will probably have noticed many posts of mine regarding multi-monitors and the "other" sims, chasing the very scenery that I hide on FS9. The other aspect is of course, Aircraft which are increasingly being abandoned in FS9.  

Eventually, when they all go 64bit and offer increased multiple monitor support I will probably abandon my beloved sim. This will occur at about the same time VR headsets will completely take over all the bl..dy sims and I will left in the dark again LOL

Anyway guys, this is heading (in my usual fashion) off topic so I shall sign off on this with a heartfelt gratitude for your suggestions and help.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Indeed!

I am currently using Static Aircraft Model Maker [sAMM] to create static aircraft to populate the ever so many "empty" airports that I fly into.  And when I've finished all of that then I will probably have a look at doing a bit of scenery design - just simple stuff, nothing complicated.

Even though I have had the sim since the day it was released I never seem to grow tired of it.

Dijvid

In two weeks you'll have a new Super Vc10 panel to play with in FS9. :Party:

Looking forward to that Nicholas !

Peter Schluter

Looking forward to that Nicholas !

I'm back from Blighty now. So now I can get on with the final part of the tutorial!

In two weeks you'll have a new Super Vc10 panel to play with in FS9. :Party:

I'm back from Blighty now. So now I can get on with the final part of the tutorial!

FS9.1.exe Hijack Alert

WOBBIE. You sound just the expert I need. I have been with FS since FS95 and was having a great time with FS9 and Windows 7. However, I stupidly switched to Windows 10 since when chaos. I have uninstalled and installed the programme 7 times now from my disks but still have trouble. Usually the programme carries the administrator shield on the icon and asks for me to approve the file. Never had that in Windows 7. I have stripped out every non FS programme aircraft and deleted every possible item linked to FS. I have however, retained all my own aircraft as zipped downloads as I am sure those cannot affect anything. I have the patch we cannot talk about but do I simply paste that into the existing FS9.exe or remove the old FS9.exe and replace with that which we cannot talk about?  How do I know that that patch is for update 9.1? Do I have to load update 9 before I load update 9.1? Been grounded for 4 months!

I have the patch we cannot talk about but do I simply paste that into the existing FS9.exe or remove the old FS9.exe and replace with that which we cannot talk about?  How do I know that that patch is for update 9.1? Do I have to load update 9 before I load update 9.1? Been grounded for 4 months!

I am using Win7 but my advice is:

1. If you can, turn down or off any windows10 version of UAC

2.Do a clean install of FS9 outside of any Windows10 protected folders (so do not install in "Program files" or "program files X86") .  So create a new folder to install into.

3. Install the 9.1 update

4. Search the web for the patch that we cannot speak of, and download the 9.1 version. Remove the original FS9.exe by cutting and pasting it somewhere as a backup. Then copy the downloaded patched FS9.exe to your FS9 root folder.  (There are two versions of the patched FS9.exe, make sure you are downloading the correct one.)

Peter Schluter

Yup, as per the above points, & I'm running Windows 10.

1. turn off UAC (& keep it off!)

2. Install the sim to C:\

3. Run it

4. Install the 9.1 update (from https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/2795/flight-simulator-2004-update-v91/)

5. Run it

​6. Make sure that you have the correct patch, there is a FS9 as well as an FS9.1 patch, & they look the same! Get the 9.1 patch

from the same site. (Google is your best friend!)

7.As said before, Remove the original FS9.exe by cutting and pasting it somewhere as a backup. Then copy & paste the downloaded patched FS9.exe to your FS9 root folder.

8. Delete the existing FS9 shortcut on your desktop

9. Right-click on the just replaced FS9.exe & 'Send to Desktop' --- I do this just to make sure that the desktop has the right shortcut & you can rename it to whatever you want..

10. Run it!

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

I am following up this problem very late but I have done all that was requested and am still grounded. I now have FS9 loaded with all the patches and the no disk start. I have the shield on the icon and when I start all goes well finishing with the Cessna on the runway and engine running. However as soon as I press the S kyt the window splits in two with the top half sky and the bottom half of most of the panel but cut off in a straight line. Nevertheless the sound does change as if I am moving around the aircraft. If I then press ESC the Exit or Continue Flying panel comes up. When I select continue flying I get the external view of the aircraft in perfect state with the numbers keys working, sound change and flaps etc. But on using the S key I am back to the frozen panel. Likewise if I select ESC from the panel I can get the autopilot control to work but cannot look outside the aircraft util I press ESC again. There must be something simple wrong here. Any ideas? I have deleted the FS9.cfg file and had the programme create a new one.